Discover how to make a healthy cottage cheese dessert with baked apples sweetened with honey, a very healthy and nutritious option that is also delicious.
Perhaps the title of this dessert may surprise you by saying that it is healthy and nutritious. Well, this recipe is not just a sweet, since its ingredients are full of properties and benefits. And of course, in addition to taking care of us, it gives us a sweet touch when we go to taste it. It is a light dessert and with which you can surprise your guests. The healthy ingredients that this dessert contains are the following: apples, cottage cheese and a little honey.
Cottage cheese stands out for being a very balanced dairy product, which stands out from a nutritional point of view for its richness in proteins of high biological value and for the existence of a lower amount of fat, compared to other cheeses. It basically consists of a dairy product that is obtained from the fermentation of cheese whey, which is heated to about 90ºC so that its proteins form a kind of whitish mass with a white consistency.
The apple is a fruit full of nutritional properties as we have reported on more than one occasion when we have dedicated a post to talk about its benefits. Cottage cheese is low in fat, rich in protein, vitamin A, calcium, potassium, phosphorous and low in calories. While the little bit of honey, in addition to giving it a sweet touch also provides its properties and benefits.
To make this dessert you can choose the type or variety of apple that you like the most, we have chosen the Golden type apple because it seems sweeter to us. It is an easy dessert to make and does not require much time.
Cottage cheese recipe with baked apples
To prepare the dessert we will need the following ingredients and follow a few simple steps:
- 2 large apples, of the variety you prefer.
- 250 grams of cottage cheese.
- The juice of half a lemon or a small lemon.
- A little grated or powdered ginger.
- A stick of cinnamon.
- Flower honey or the type of honey you prefer.
- We start by washing the apples; we remove the skin and cut them into checkered pieces. Put the apples in a bowl and reserve.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, the grated ginger and the chopped cinnamon stick. Pour all the ingredients over the apples.
- We keep in the refrigerator so that the apples take on these flavors, for about an hour. Ten minutes before taking the apples out of the fridge, preheat the oven to a temperature of 180ºC.
- We remove the apples from the refrigerator and put them in the oven to cook them.
- We will cook the apples with a temperature of 180º C, for half an hour or until we verify that they are already tender.
- Remove the apples from the oven and let cool. At the time of taking them to the table, we will present them in small plates or individual bowls accompanied by cottage cheese and a little honey on top.