With a mild flavor and light texture, cottage cheese pudding is an ideal dessert for any succulent meal. Accompanied with fruit jam it is even better.
The pudding is a sweet typically English, whose country is prepared and enjoy traditional way since the sixteenth century, although it was not until the eighteenth century when it became a sweet dessert itself. It is traditionally made with bread, butter, eggs, nutmeg and raisins; although it is so versatile that a wide variety of ingredients can be included. An example is the cottage cheese pudding, about whose recipe we want to talk to you on this occasion.
The cottage is a wonderful fresh cheese obtained curdling milk, after keeping it at a constant temperature of 40 ° C, and mixing it with rennet. The use of a special mold offers the possibility that the whey of the cheese is completely eliminated, by dripping. It has a characteristic white color, a soft, grainy texture and its flavor is generally really mild.
In other countries it is known by the name of ricotta , and in Italy – where its use in the preparation of some typical desserts is very common – it is known by the name of ricotta.
Cottage cheese pudding recipe
- 1 kg of cottage cheese
- 10 eggs
- 250 g flour
- 150g butter
- 250g sugar
- The zest of a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
How to make cottage cheese pudding:
- In a large bowl, melt the cottage cheese with the help of your hands. Separate the yolks from the whites and add the yolks, lemon zest, nutmeg, cinnamon, creamy butter and sugar to the cottage cheese bowl. Stir everything very well. Booking.
- Mount the whites to the point of snow. To get a good result, the bowl where you are going to mount them must be cold (it is better to be made of glass); you can also add a pinch of salt. Begin to assemble them little by little, preferably with an electric mixer so that the movement is always the same.
- Once the whites are assembled, add them slowly to the bowl of the yolks. Add the flour and mix well, slowly and carefully.
- Spread a little butter in a mold and pour the mixture into it. Place this mold in a larger one with boiling water (the water should remain in the middle of the smaller mold), put it in the oven and cook in a water bath for 30-35 minutes at 200 ºC, until when pierced with a fork, toothpick or long needle comes out clean.
- To finish, once cooked, remove from the oven and pour a little more ground cinnamon on top. Ready!
With what to accompany the cottage cheese pudding
Due to its mild flavor and light texture, cottage cheese pudding is a delicious dessert that combines very well with fruit, either whole or in the form of jam (or jam). For example, a jam that is perfect with this traditional sweet is peach jam, although if you prefer to take risks and try new things, we advise you to add a little guava jam, the result will be even better.