The corn is characterized by, along with wheat, one of the most consumed cereal not only in our country but also in the Americas, where they come countless recipes that have this food beneficial among its main ingredients.
Regarding the properties, we find that, for example, it is an ideal cereal when it comes to lowering cholesterol and fighting high cholesterol levels, while providing energy.
It is rich in vitamins of group B (B1 and B3 mainly), phosphorus and magnesium. Taking into account many of the nutritional values of corn, we are facing a healthy and healthy food by nature.
Nutritional values of corn
- 100 grams of corn provide 265 calories.
- Carbohydrates: 66 grams.
- Proteins: 10 grams.
- Fat: 25 grams.
- Fibers: 10 grams.
- Vitamins: B1 (25%), B3 (9%) and A (12%).
- Minerals: Phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc and manganese.
This cereal is characterized by being a very energetic food, which provides about 330 kcal per 100 g.
This is mainly due to its high content of both fat and carbohydrates. Although this does not mean that it is rich in vitamins and minerals, and moderate in both protein and water.
In this sense, the so-called sweet corn stands out because it is one of the most consumed by the little ones in the house, especially because of its sweet taste, and because it always goes well in any meal (especially in delicious, wonderful and healthy fresh salads).
In this note we will talk about the different benefits of sweet corn, a food that is as healthy as it is nutritious.
Benefits and properties of sweet corn
- High fat and carbohydrate content, providing 330 kcal per 100 g. of product.
- High in vitamins (especially B, A and C), and minerals (mainly phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron and calcium).
- Since it does not contain gluten, it is a suitable food for those who do not tolerate it.
- Helps metabolize fats faster.
- Helps to improve intestinal transit.
- Reduces high cholesterol levels.