Cordiales de almond and angel hair are a typical traditional Christmas sweet from Murcia. Discover how to make them at home with this delicious recipe.
Looking for recipes for new sweets to prepare this Christmas and surprise our guests, we have found the name of these sweets,” Cordiales” and it has caught our attention. We can say that not only do they look great, they are very tasty.
Cordiales are traditional sweets from the Murcia region, and from the entire Levantine area. They are prepared to taste them on these Christmas dates, and they are made with dough that has almonds, angel hair, sugar, egg, and lemon zest, it is shaped into a ball, and each sweet cordial is placed on a wafer of biscuit, then cooked in the oven.
Cordials are ideal sweets to taste both for dessert and snacks, also to present them together with the traditional Christmas sweets.
How to Make Almond Angel Hair Cordials:
- 250 grams of almond flour, or ground almonds.
- 200 grams of sugar.
- 200 grams of angel hair.
- A pack of wafers.
- 2 large eggs.
- The grated skin of a lemon.
- Icing sugar to decorate (optional).
- In a bowl we put the almond flour, the sugar, and the grated skin of the lemon. We mix everything well. Add the eggs one by one, each time we add an egg, mix well with the dough and then add the next.
- Add the angel hair and mix well again. Let’s preheat the oven with a temperature of 180º C, for about 15 minutes and with heat up and down. While we are forming the balls with the dough to form the cordials.
- We will take a little dough with a soup or dessert spoon depending on the size we want to give the cordials and we shape the cordials into a ball.
- We can make the cordials by forming a peak at the top of the ball as if they were coquitos or almonds. We reserve the cordials already formed.
- On the oven tray we put baking paper to cook the cordials. On the baking paper we place the squares of the wafers or circles of wafers, which we have achieved a little apart from each other.
- We put on each wafer a sweet cordial. Put the tray in the oven at medium height and cook the cordials at 180º C for 20 or 30 minutes or until we see that they are golden brown.
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven and let the cordials cool on the oven rack. We cook all the cordials until we finish with the dough.
- Once the cordials are cold, sprinkle them with a little icing sugar, it will give the presentation a more Christmas touch.
- At the time of presentation we put the cordials on a tray or a nice plate.
As we have said before, these sweets are ideal to be enjoyed both as a dessert or as snacks accompanied by a cup of coffee, a warm chocolate or an infusion.
I hope you are encouraged to prepare this delicious and Christmas sweet, and that you like it.