Discover how to make cold cloths with vinegar ideal to lower fever and reduce high temperature naturally and what its benefits to reduce it are.
Cold compresses are those that are soaked in some cold -or warm- substance in order to lower the temperature or the sensation of heat in certain areas of the body. That is, they are ideal and useful home remedies to help get the heat out of the body, or even to refresh it.
For this reason, both cold compresses and cold cloths are particularly useful and interesting when it comes to reducing fever naturally.
As you surely know, fever consists of an increase in body temperature above what is considered normal, which is mainly caused by an infection or inflammation.
The normal temperature of the human body oscillates between 35 and 37 ºC, so that above 37 ºC it is considered that there is a fever. However, when the fever is above 40.5ºC it can threaten important proteins, cause cellular stress, tissue necrosis, delusions, heart attack and paroxysmal attacks.
A good option when it comes to reducing fever naturally is to opt for cold cloths with vinegar, since vinegar in fact becomes a traditional home remedy that our grandmothers used many years ago. We explain how to prepare and apply them.
How to lower a fever with cold vinegar cloths:
What you need to prepare the cold cloths with vinegar:
- Cloth cloths
- 1 bowl, cup or bowl
Steps to prepare vinegar cold cloths:
- Put some vinegar in the bowl or cup.
- Leave a few minutes in the fridge, until it cools down a bit.
How to apply vinegar cold cloths:
It is very simple. You just have to soak the cloth in a little vinegar, drain and apply on the forehead of the person who has a fever, leaving it to act until the cloth is warm and / or has dried.
If you wish, you can repeat as many times as you want until the fever has dropped a bit.
And how to calm the headache associated with fever?
Within this same aspect, migraine is considered both a sharp and penetrating headache that is characterized by literally “coming and going”, and which can become worse as the person moves.
It can be accompanied by visual or digestive disturbances, and can make the person irritable and very irascible, precisely because of the pain and discomfort caused by its symptoms.
To try to prevent or even alleviate your symptoms there are a number of headache foods. Although it is also very useful to take into account a very interesting series of home remedies against migraine, which will be of great help.
- As with fever, cold water washcloths on the forehead can positively relieve migraines. Simply dip a clean cloth in cold water, wring it out, and leave it for a few minutes on the forehead, or around the head. Ideally, you should leave it between half an hours-an hour, so that its effects work better.
- Some relaxation techniques can help against migraine, as staying still and relaxed is helpful in relieving and overcoming your symptoms.
- Massaging the forehead with a few drops of peppermint oil for 5-10 minutes can relax the muscles in both the head and neck. In this sense, lavender oil can also be of great help.
In general, you should avoid noise and especially watching television, as it can aggravate the symptoms and make the migraine last much longer.