Do you like fritters? And also the cod? Discover this wonderful recipe for cod fritters very easy to make, and ideal to enjoy at Easter.
The cod fritters are a classic and traditional recipe to taste cod. It is a recipe that we can prepare during these days of Easter or at any other time of the year that we want.
The cod that we will use to make this recipe is dried and previously desalted two days before, we can also prepare it with fresh cod if we get it or we feel like it.
If you resort to fresh cod, we cook it with a little water, or grill it and then we will crumble it to make the fritters.
We can also prepare this recipe with cod crumbs . And, if you wish, you can also discover more recipes for cod.
Cod fritters recipe
- 500 grams of desalted cod.
- 100 grams of pastry wheat flour.
- Water for the dough.
- One lemon’s juice.
- A tablespoon of milk, 15 ml. milk.
- 3 sprigs of minced parsley.
- An onion.
- A pinch of ground black pepper.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Previously we will soak the cod to desalt it, we will need at least 2 or 3 days for this process, in which we will change the water to the cod every 8 hours.
- Once we have the desalted cod, we remove the last soak and pass it through clean water, and drain it well.
- We chop the cod into small pieces, remove the bones and the skin, if it has them, and put it to marinate for at least 3 hours.
- In case we have decided on the cod crumbs, we will not have to remove the thorns or the skin, since they come clean.
- We will prepare the marinade with the lemon juice and milk, while it is marinating we will turn it several times.
- When we finish the marinating time, drain the cod well and reserve it to prepare the dough for the fritters.
- In a bowl we beat the egg well, add the flour, a tablespoon of virgin olive oil, a pinch of black pepper and beat everything very well to mix.
- We add while we are beating a little water. The dough should be dense, without lumps. Brown the chopped onion in the pan and when it is poached, add the chopped parsley.
- We drain the oil from the poached onion and the parsley and mix it with the cod that we have reserved.
- We stir everything well and add it to the dough. We stir again to integrate well into the dough.
- In a frying pan we put olive oil to heat over medium heat. When it is hot we are taking tablespoons of dough and we are frying the cod fritters.
- Brown the cod fritters on both sides. We are taking out the fried cod fritters and putting them to drain the oil on a tray covered with absorbent paper or napkin.
- Once we have them all prepared, we transfer them to a clean tray and take them to the table to taste them.
The cod fritters can be served accompanied by a salad, white rice, a garnish of vegetables, cooked potatoes or mashed potatoes.