If you are passionate about chocolate, we suggest a delicious chocolate covered walnut cake, ideal to enjoy hot and very easy making. Discover it.
Exquisite and simple recipe that we present below, chocolate covered walnut cake, an ideal cake to taste these autumn days and also ideal to make a little hole and include it in our pastry recipe book.
We can also add that autumn is the quintessential season for many nuts, among which walnuts are, this healthy and rich nut that we have often offered information about the nutritional benefits it brings to our body.
Although, as we have said before, the season for walnuts is autumn, currently we can find them available for consumption in the market and at any time of the year.
Therefore, we can say that this delicious and subtle cake, because it has a very delicate flavor, is very good for us to prepare it at any time of the year, and taste it as a dessert or snack.
Close as we are to Christmas, it is a good idea to present it as a novel dessert and taste it with the family with a warm chocolate, coffee, an infusion or any drink that you prefer to accompany it.
The chocolate covered walnut cake has only a few simple ingredients that we all usually have at home, we recommend choosing a good chocolate to make the coating or cover as it will give it a delicious touch.
To make the cake it would be ideal to use a mold that we can easily unmold about 20 or 22 centimeters, circular, is our little advice.
How to make the chocolate covered walnut cake:
If we can get full-season walnuts, it will be more palatable, if we could not get them with the walnuts available throughout the year, we can also do it, remember to always look at the date of packaging of the walnuts, the more recent the better:
- 250 grams of walnuts.
- 2 heaped tablespoons of flour.
- 100 grams of butter.
- 150 grams of sugar.
- 3 eggs.
- A pinch of salt.
- A little butter to grease the mold.
Ingredients for the chocolate coating:
- 150 grams of chocolate to melt.
- 25 grams of butter.
- We chop the nuts with the help of a knife, we can also do it with a grinder without grinding them completely. Put the ground nuts in a bowl, add half the amount of sugar, a pinch of salt, mix and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the 100 grams of butter over low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the other half of the sugar and stir to integrate well.
- Add this mixture to the nuts that we have reserved in the bowl.
- We mix everything very well and we incorporate the eggs one by one, in each egg that we incorporate, stir to add the next.
- Add the two tablespoons of flour to the mixture and mix everything well. With a little butter we grease the bottom and the walls of the mold.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 180º C for 15 minutes. While we are making the chocolate to cover the cake.
- In a saucepan gently melt the butter, add the chocolate, and over low heat and stirring let the chocolate melt with the melted butter, mix well, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Once the oven is preheated, we introduce the mold in the oven, placing the tray halfway up. Cook the cake at a temperature of 200º C for half an hour.
- When the cake is already cooked, we remove it from the oven, let it cool a little to unmold it. Carefully unmold the cake and cover it with the chocolate, so that it is well covered. We can put some whole nuts on top of the chocolate decorating the cake.
Enjoy your meal!