Do you want to learn how to prepare a delicious chocolate cake with Matcha? We propose 2 exquisite recipes to enjoy this wonderful dessert. Extremely easy to make at home.
The one known as matcha tea, very popular in Japan, is gaining ground in countries like Spain by leaps and bounds. In general terms, matcha tea is a whole leaf of green tea that, after a careful process of cultivation, harvesting and drying, is ground to obtain a green powder: matcha tea.
Therefore, it is the best way to take full advantage of the benefits of green tea. Matcha tea helps in a remarkable way to reduce stress and cholesterol, as well as to burn fat and lower blood pressure. When you want to introduce matcha tea into your diet, the best way to do it is by adding it to a brownie. They are, as you will see, other options to the traditional Matcha tea cake, known in Japan by the name of Matcha Kasutera.
If you have a sweet tooth like us, it is quite likely that the recipes that we propose below will delight you, especially if you also like any variety of tea, and especially -and particularly- the one known as Matcha tea.
It is, as you will surely know if you have already had the opportunity to try it, an extremely special and delicate variety of green tea, with a mild, light and tremendously delicious flavor, which in fact combines perfectly with practically any ingredient when you drink it. we use in the kitchen.
For this reason, for example, in Japan it is also common to use it not only in the preparation of the popular drink, but also in the preparation of other dishes and sweet recipes.
Chocolate and matcha tea cake
The chocolate and Matcha tea cake is probably one of the most popular, classic and well-known. Do you dare to prepare it?
- 3 eggs
- 400 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of flour
- 180 grams of butter
- 40 grams of cocoa powder
- 15 grams of powdered matcha tea
- 350 ml of milk
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Two teaspoons of chemical yeast
- A little bit of salt
Step by step recipe
- First, the dry ingredients are prepared. To do this, mix 125 grams of flour with cocoa powder, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of chemical yeast in a glass bowl. All ingredients must be well mixed. Then they are reserved.
- In another glass bowl, mix 125 grams of flour with matcha tea, a pinch of salt and another teaspoon of chemical yeast. Reserve the mixture in the same bowl.
- In another glass bowl, this one slightly larger than those used for the two previous mixtures, add the butter and sugar. Beat for a couple of minutes until you have a very smooth and creamy paste.
- Next, the 3 eggs are added to the previous mixture; It must be done one by one and beating each time each of them is added. Vanilla is then added to the mixture.
- This mixture is divided into two equal parts and each of them is added to the mixtures of steps 1 and 2; the two bowls that were reserved. In addition, 175 ml of milk are added to each of them. Then, all the ingredients are beaten so that they are properly integrated.
- Once both masses, the chocolate and the matcha tea, are obtained, they are placed in a mold, interspersed.
- The cake is baked in the oven previously heated to 180ºC for 45 minutes. To know when it is ready, just prick it with a toothpick; if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Take it out of the oven, let it cool down a bit for 5 minutes, remove it from the mold and serve.
Also, if you wish, you can melt a little dark chocolate, and once the cake is cold, place it on an oven rack and add the melted dark chocolate on top. Once cold, it will be spectacular.
White chocolate and matcha tea marble cake
The marble-like white chocolate and matcha tea cake is also another delicious option when it comes to enjoying a nutritious and exquisite dessert. Do you dare to do it too? Too easy.
- 180 grams of flour
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams of white chocolate
- 120 grams of butter
- 150 grams of sugar teaspoon of chemical yeast
- 1 tablespoon of matcha powder
- 1 pinch of salt
Step by step recipe
- First, beat the eggs together with the sugar for a couple of minutes, until their volume has doubled.
- The butter is then melted to smooth.
- When it is melted, it is added to the mixture from the first step and then the flour, yeast and salt are incorporated. Mix all the ingredients for a couple of minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie.
- When ready, separate the dough into two parts. To one of them the melted white chocolate is added and, to the other, the powdered matcha tea.
- Prepare a rectangular mold lined with baking paper and greased with a little butter so that the mixture does not stick.
- Both masses are added to the mold, interspersing one with the other.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake for 50 minutes. Take it out, let it cool for 20 minutes, unmold it and serve it.