This time we propose a wonderful recipe ideal for cold days in winter: a delicious soup of shells (galets) stuffed with exquisite chicken.
The paste that is used to make this soup is a shell-shaped paste. A shell that, as you can see in the photos, are large enough to be filled. Pasta is also known by the name of “lumaconi”, and as “galets” in Catalonia.
As we have said before, it is a large shell that we can also find in different sizes or numbers, the bigger the better to fill them. It is a soup that is very rich, that we can prepare at any time of the year, it is also ideal to prepare it during Christmas days.
Do you dare to discover it? We explain what ingredients you need and the steps to make it easily at home.
Chicken Stuffed Shell Soup Recipe
Ingredients to make the broth:
- Half chicken.
- Two carrots.
- Two onions.
- A branch of celery.
- Four garlic cloves without skin.
- A few grains of black pepper.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
Preparation of the broth:
- We remove the skin from the chicken and wash it. We remove the skin from the carrots, cut them in four and wash them. We peel the onions and cut them into quarters.
- We wash the celery branch. In a cauldron we put all the previous ingredients and cover with water.
- Add the garlic cloves, a few grains of black pepper, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt, and cook the broth over moderate heat until it starts to boil.
- When it boils, we reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for an hour.
- We turn off the heat, strain the broth, and reserve it to make the soup, remove the vegetables and let the chicken cool.
- We shred the chicken to make the pasta filling.
Ingredients to fill the pasta:
- 250 gr. lumaconi pasta.
- Ground chicken meat.
- The crumb of a bread.
- Half a glass of milk.
- A beaten egg.
- Two cloves of garlic without skin and small pieces.
- A sprig of minced parsley.
- A pinch of ground black pepper.
- Some flour.
Preparation of the filling:
- We put the chicken in the shredder until it is well ground, and we reserve it.
- We put the garlic cloves, the minced parsley, in a mortar, crush well and add ground chicken and mix well.
- In a bowl we put the milk and the bread crumbs to soften it.
- When the crumb is soft, add the ground chicken meat, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, the beaten egg and mix.
- We mix to integrate well and make a dough.
- Once the dough is made we are taking small portions with the help of a spoon and carefully we are filling the pasta.
- When we have all the pasta filled, we go through a little flour.
Making the soup:
- We put the strained broth that we had reserved in a cauldron on the fire to heat. When it is hot we add the stuffed pasta.
- Cook the soup over medium heat for about half an hour, until the pasta is cooked.
- Once the pasta is cooked we turn off the fire. We carefully serve soup and on top of the soup the stuffed shells.
Enjoy your meal!