Benefits of chestnut milk, and information on the properties provided by the delicious chestnut drink.
We are in the middle of autumn, and especially in chestnut season, those delicious nuts that appear when cold and are so appetizing eaten alone and raw, in the form of glacé brown or roasted on a rainy day and accompanied with a warm tea, a hot chocolate or a coffee. Not even to mention the pleasure that comes from going with the family to the field and having a pleasant time while we look for them and take them.
The truth is that if we talk about the different benefits of chestnuts, we actually realize their incredible nutritional properties. They are an extremely healthy food without any doubt, especially rich in carbohydrates, proteins and fiber. For this reason they are interesting in case of constipation or in weight loss diets due to their great satiating power. They also provide very interesting vitamins and minerals, among which we can mention B vitamins, as well as potassium, magnesium, iron and phosphorus. Reason why they also provide anti-inflammatory and vascular virtues.
Regarding the vegetable milk, although it is true that are most popular drinks of plant origin such as soy milk, the rice milk or oat milk, did you know also from the chestnuts can get a wonderful vegetable drink?
Chestnut milk benefits
But actually its proper name would drink chestnuts, or drink vegetable chestnuts, the truth is that milk chestnut is a very healthy drink, as well as other beverages natural and plant origin as is the case with pistachio, rice, sesame, soy or oatmeal.
As its name suggests, it is obtained from the cooking and pressing of chestnuts, although for it to be an easily digestible drink it is essential and essential that the chestnuts are cooked very well. Once we meet this point, the chestnut drink will become a very digestive drink.
But what are the properties of chestnut milk and why does it become such an interesting vegetable drink? We reveal it to you below:
- Antioxidant action: thanks to its contribution of vitamin C, a not so well known virtue or quality of chestnuts and particularly chestnut milk, which is usually attributed to orange juice.
- Immune effect: precisely because of its contribution in vitamin C it is a particularly interesting vegetable drink when it comes to strengthening the immune system, being very suitable in turn when it comes to increasing defenses, a very interesting benefit now that we are in full swing time of colds and flu.
- Ideal for athletes, children and the elderly: thanks above all to the fact that it becomes an interesting source of energy. For this virtue it is also interesting for all those people who an extra energy need supply, either because they are physically and mentally fatigued.
- Good in case of hypertension: for those who suffer from high blood pressure, chestnut milk becomes a useful drink, thanks to its contribution of potassium, a mineral that helps regulate blood pressure.
- Good for the heart and arteries: thanks to its contribution in unsaturated fatty acids, both monounsaturated (oleic fatty acid) and polyunsaturated (linoleic acid).
- Very rich in insoluble fiber: which is why it is interesting when it comes to fighting constipation. In addition, thanks to this quality it also helps prevent colon cancer.
Nutritional information of the chestnut vegetable drink
The chestnut drink offers us an interesting diversity of nutrients, which makes it a very interesting nutritious drink, especially if we consume it regularly. Specifically, 200 ml of chestnut milk provide:
- Calories: 19.6 kcal
- Proteins: 0.35 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.12 g
- Fat: 0.20 g
- Potassium: 70.7 mg
- Phosphorus: 8.7 mg
- Magnesium: 4.5 mg
- Calcium: 3.3 mg
- Copper: 23 ug
- Manganese: 75 ug
- Vitamin E: 0.24 mg
- Vitamin B1: 0.02 mg
- Vitamin B2: 0.02 mg
- Vitamin B3: 0.09 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.03 mg
- Vitamin C: 2.7 mg
In short, it is a highly recommended drink from both a nutritional and health point of view, although the truth is that it cannot be easily found on the shelves of herbalists, markets and supermarkets. For this reason, it is useful and instructive to know how to make it.