There are many benefits of chamomile, a plant that has very important health properties. Know all its medicinal properties.
The Chamomile is a plant that, for thousands of years, has been popularly used by its various therapeutic virtues, which -every one of them are extremely important and prominent.
The good thing about this plant is that it cannot only be used externally, but also internally, since it is not toxic to our body in general or to our organs.
For example, and as we can learn in detail in this article about the benefits of chamomile, externally chamomile is good for reducing inflammation or treating dandruff, while internally it is ideal for cases of heavy digestion or stomach pain.
Benefits of chamomile through internal use
- Protective and restorative of the gastric membrane, so that it is useful in cases of heavy or difficult digestion, also helping against gas and reducing stomach pain.
- It contains choline, which is why it helps to eliminate fats from the blood, being useful to prevent arteriosclerosis and reducing high cholesterol.
- The virtues of chamomile are known to help relax the body, and as a sedative in cases of nervousness and insomnia.
- Some current scientific studies have shown that chamomile can help prevent cancer.
Benefits of chamomile through external use
- Being rich in mucilage, it helps to repair skin conditions, its application being interesting in cases of acne, pimples, wounds, cuts or dermatitis, among others.
- Used as a hair shampoo, it helps to enjoy smoother and silkier hair, and to combat the appearance of dandruff.
- Useful for removing nail fungus from both feet and hands.
- Performing rinses several times a day can help treat toothache.