Still don’t know the delicious Carnival Curd? It is a very popular recipe from Granada, which is traditionally made to enjoy during the days of Carnival. Find out how to make it with this recipe.
There is no doubt that the best thing is to see the world, even more so if we love cooking, and change a little the recipe book that we already have at home. And it is that each place offers us a wide -and delicious- variety of recipes. An example is this recipe that has caught my attention, because it gives me the impression that it can be very rich.
The Canada de Carnival is a traditional sweet from Granada and is prepared to taste on these dates. It is also possible to see it in the sweet shops of Granada in the month of January after Christmas.
It is a recipe that in Granada they usually make to take advantage of the shortbread, snowy or mantecados that we have left over from Christmas.
To make the curd we will need, in addition to the Christmas sweets, hair candy, prepare syrup and a pastry cream.
How to make the Carnival Curd:
Ingredients to make the curd:
- 300 grams of shortbread, shortbread or snowy.
- 200 grams of hair candy.
- Ground cinnamon to decorate.
- Icing sugar to decorate.
- Sobaos pasiegos.
- Custard cream.
Ingredients for the pastry cream:
- 250ml milk.
- The seeds of a vanilla pod.
- Two egg yolks.
- A tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Two spoons of sugar.
Ingredients for the syrup:
- 100 grams of sugar.
- Same amount of water.
Preparation of the pastry cream:
- In a saucepan or heater we cook the milk together with the vanilla seeds and bring it to a boil.
- We put the two yolks in a container, add the sugar, the cornstarch and beat well.
- Little by little we are adding the boiled milk without stopping stirring to the previous mixture so that it does not cut.
- We put everything back on the fire and cook without stopping to move until the cream has a thick consistency.
- Turn off the heat, pour the cream into a container, cover the container with film and let it cool.