How to make a delicious spiced cake with nuts? We propose this wonderful aromatic recipe, ideal for those who enjoy these desserts.
Surely many times you have eaten them without paying attention to the beneficial contribution they have, although they should not be abused. Nuts are those foods that are covered or have a shell and can be eaten without cooking.
From a nutritional point of view, they contain around 50% natural water, some carbohydrates, phosphorus, protein and if we can add it to a cake on top, what more could we ask for? They are delicious and nutritious, ideal for anyone (as long as, of course, if you do not suffer from any kind of allergy to nuts).
They are ideal in desserts, being able to combine perfectly, such as this cake made with spices and delicious nuts.
Cake recipe with spiced nuts
For the preparation of this delicate cake we will only need about 20 minutes of our time and we will be able to taste it in the afternoon snack, that moment of coffee or tea in which we like to make a stop from the intense day.
In any case, as you will see, its preparation is so simple and fast that it will hardly cost you a little. We hope you enjoy it.
- A pinch of salt.
- Ginger, cloves, nutmeg (to taste) and a pinch of pepper.
- Cinnamon to taste).
- Wheat flour (140 g) + rice flour (60 g) + A little yeast.
- Dates about 150 g
- 2 or 3 eggs.
- A little butter, no more than 90 grams.
- 60 grams of dried apricots for the cake and to decorate it.
- 30 grams of shelled walnuts also for the cake and to decorate.
- 30 grams of almonds.
- 40 grams of figs.
Preparation of the spiced cake with nuts:
- We will start by beating the eggs to add the milk and melted butter.
- While the oven is preheating to 160º, we split the walnuts and almonds and put them to brown. Be careful not to burn them.
- We remove the bone from the dates to chop it into cubes together with the figs and dried apricots.
- We will mix the two types of flour, the yeast, the spices, the salt and all the nuts in a bowl. We will add this to the previously beaten eggs to mix it well.
- We will fill the edges of a cake mold with butter and then pour all the dough. To decorate we will add the remaining nuts. We will bake for about 1 hour.
The benefits of spiced cake with nuts
We are faced with a cake as delicious as it is nutritious. For example, because of its richness in nuts, and thanks to its high content of folic acid and lysine, it helps us prevent vascular problems.
In the particular case of nuts, for example, they help us avoid diseases such as cancer (of the degenerative type) thanks to the copper, iron, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, B and E vitamins they contain.
Thanks to their high calcium content, they can be a substitute for dairy products. They strengthen bones, promote growth and help us prevent osteoporosis. It prevents constipation and prevents the appearance of intestinal diseases thanks to the fiber they contain.
They help improve circulation health, heart health and help normalize cholesterol. They are good allies for cases of arthritis due to Omega 3.
Of course, it is not convenient to abuse them since they provide a good caloric content, but they are tremendously rich in healthy fats (also popularly known as good fats).
And what is the origin of nuts? They are perhaps one of the oldest foods in history. It should be known that the energy offered by nuts was helpful to them to fight against the harsh cold days of winter and overcome hard work to survive.
Furthermore, it is known that the Greeks and Romans were fond of walnuts and pistachios. In addition, there are texts from civilizations where peanuts were already discussed.