The Brussels sprouts is a delicious vegetable which mainly is characterized by having buds are formed along the trunk of the plant, as small cabbage.
These cabbages (which are called Brussels sprouts) are formed by a thickened and short stem, which supports petioled leaves arranged one on top of the other.
In fact, they are delicious vegetables, widely consumed in almost everyone. Which is why, it is extremely interesting to discover a little more about the benefits of Brussels sprouts, and its different nutritional properties.
Benefits of Brussels sprouts
- They help lower high cholesterol.
- Useful in weight loss diets, because they help burn fat and lose weight.
- Suitable for people with diabetes.
- They help lower high uric acid levels.
- They prevent the appearance of arterial hypertension.
- They regulate the functioning of the thyroid.
- Helps in the functioning of the pituitary gland.
- They help the proper functioning of hormones.
Nutritional properties of Brussels sprouts
The Brussels sprouts out for being very rich in water, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and fiber:
- Rich in carbohydrates.
- Good amount of water.
- Rich in folates.
- Vitamins: mainly vitamins of group B (B1, B2 and B3), and vitamin C.
- Minerals: potassium, iodine and magnesium.