Bones of saint recipe: discover how to make this traditional and typical sweet to enjoy on All Saints’ Day or All Souls’ Day.The recipe for the Huesos de Santo is, among other main aspects, one of the most typical All Saints’ Day recipes, given that, for decades now, it has been one of the most elaborate desserts on this day of the year for this popular festivity.
As many kitchen specialists believe, the bones of saints have a certainly special symbolism, since they come to represent, in the sweetest way, the meaning of this annual festival.
If you want to enjoy the best saint bones, we will explain below what the recipe for saint bones consists of .
Saint Bones Recipe
Ingredients for the marzipan
- 200g of sugar
- 150g ground almonds
- 100ml of water
- Icing sugar
Ingredients for the stuffing
- 5 egg yolks
- 120g of sugar
- 50g of water
Steps to make the bones of saint
- Make a strong syrup with the water and sugar and add the almonds little by little to form a paste. Let it cool.
- In order to make the filling, now make another syrup with the sugar and water.
- Beat the egg yolks well.
- When the syrup is ready, add the yolks little by little.
- Now put the mixture in a container and heat it in a bain-marie. Of course, you must be careful that it boils, since it could cut the mixture.
- Once it thickens well, let it cool.
- Now take the marzipan and knead it with a rolling pin. Dust the entire surface with icing sugar to give it the characteristic touch.
- Make square strips of the size you want, and roll them on a stick at least 1 centimeter thick, and stick the dough to your fingers.
- To prevent the dough from sticking to the stick, don’t forget to sprinkle well with icing sugar.
- Take out the stick, and let it cool.
- Once cold, fill with the yolk paste.