Black salt (also known as Hawaiian salt) is a wonderful seasoning not only useful in the kitchen, but full of benefits and properties. Discover 2 exquisite recipes where you can use it.
The black salt is currently one of the most popular seasonings globally due to the wide range of benefits it provides to the body. It is a type of unrefined salt that has been used since ancient times in India and has a volcanic origin.
Its salting power is considerably less than that of traditional salt and its texture is quite similar; although a characteristic of black salt is that it does not have any type of smell.
The benefits of black salt and its composition
In relation to the chemical composition of this type of salt, it contains many minerals such as sulfur, iron, sodium chloride, potassium chloride and sulfur compounds.
People with sodium problems
Salt is a very commonly used food product; it is added to practically all dishes However, traditional salt, if consumed in excess, can lead to a wide range of health complications, such as hypertension due to potassium iodide and aluminum silicate.
Thus, black salt is presented as a fantastic alternative for those who want to take care of their health.
This type of salt has a great selection of health benefits. On the one hand, it is a natural laxative, so it helps improve intestinal transit and avoid problems such as constipation. On the other hand, it has benefits for the eyes. And lastly, don’t increase your sodium intake.
Of course, it must be borne in mind that black salt has a high sulfur content, so it is not advisable to abuse it.
Skin and hair
The benefits of black salt go beyond the body; they also affect the skin and hair. It is a 100% natural healing ingredient to treat dry skin. As for the hair, it strengthens it significantly while stimulating its growth, repairing it from the root.
The best recipes with black salt
In the kitchen, black salt has become one of the star ingredients when preparing a large selection of dishes.
On the one hand, it is an ingredient that attracts a lot of attention and that makes dishes more palatable. And on the other hand, it has a wide variety of health benefits.
Legume salad with black salt
- 125 grams of cooked chickpeas
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 green bell pepper
- ¼ onion
- Black salt
- Chickpeas are cooked first. Once cooked, the next one must be kept cold.
- The onion is then minced and placed in a bowl with a little salt to eliminate part of the itch. The tomato is cut into cubes and the pepper is minced. Both ingredients are reserved.
- The salad is prepared in a large bowl. The first thing is to place the chickpeas as a base and then the pepper, tomato and onion. The olive oil is added and the black salt flakes is sprinkled.
Let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes and serve.
Whole wheat toast with peppers and anchovies
An exquisite option for an aperitif at a dinner or lunch with friends.
- Salad tomato
- Wholemeal bread
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 black pepper
- Black salt
- Cream cheese
- Olive oil
- The whole wheat breads are toasted in the oven until they are toasted. Meanwhile, the anchovy fillets are cut in half and set aside.
- Put a splash of oil and sauté the previously chopped peppers in the pan for a few minutes. The salad tomato is cut into cubes and the lid is assembled.
- Whole wheat bread acts as a base. On it, spread the cream cheese and a drizzle of skin. Place the tomato and anchovies. Then the sautéed peppers are added and a little black salt is sprinkled. Delicious!