It could be said that all facial serums have moisturizing qualities, precisely because one of their main functions is that: to hydrate the skin and lightly moisturize it, in addition to preparing it to later receive the rest of the products that remain to be applied from the care routine. of the skin. In this sense, there is no doubt that in any beauty routine, regardless of whether we follow one or not, hydration is fundamental as well as essential, just as or more important than cleaning our facial skin every day.
Why? Very simple: as happens with our body internally (and more specifically, with all our organs and tissues), the skin also needs to be hydrated because it consists of one more organ -specifically, it is the largest-, so it requires an adequate hydration to be able to function properly, fulfill all the functions it carries out every day, and ultimately perform at its best.
Among other interesting aspects, keeping the skin properly hydrated is essential when it comes to enjoying a proper skin appearance. Not surprisingly, lack of hydration tends to make skin look flaky and tight. And, in addition, we also manage to delay the natural aging process, at least the most visible signs of premature aging.
In the case of facial serums, we must remember that although it is true that they do not become substitutes for moisturizing creams or any moisturizer, and that they are not entirely essential (that is, it is okay if we decide not to add them to our daily skin care routine), they do provide interesting qualities and benefits, completing the beauty routine to the fullest, especially if we add a moisturizing serum and a facial toner.
Although it is true that both products fulfill similar functions, because both contain very high concentrations of different active ingredients, while the facial toner can complete the function of the cleanser by helping, due to its texture and consistency, to continue cleaning the skin while providing it with active agents. and ingredients with many benefits and properties, in the case of the serum its qualities go much further, since depending on the different ingredients that we find in its formulation, its virtues will undoubtedly be much more complete.
If precisely at this time you are looking for a moisturizing facial serum, but you do not know very well where to start or which one to choose, here is a useful guide where you will discover some of the most useful and interesting ones.
Nezeni Cosmetics Vitamin C Face Serum
For a facial serum to be truly moisturizing, it is necessary and essential that, in its formulation, it contain a series of active ingredients that fundamentally tend to fulfill this function. This means that, in most cases, we should find active ingredients such as aloe vera, hyaluronic acid and vitamin C in its list of ingredients.
This is what happens with this wonderful vitamin C serum developed by the Spanish brand Nezeni Cosmetics, which contains precisely high amounts of these three ingredients to redensify, rehydrate and restore all its flexibility and splendor to the skin, being ideal even for applying it both by morning and night (in the night skin care routine).
But the three active ingredients mentioned at the beginning are not the only ones that we can distinguish in its formulation. It also contains others that are as interesting as they are beneficial, so below we will describe some of its main qualities and characteristics:
- Stable vitamin C. It is a glycoside of vitamin C, extremely useful because it provides all the properties of this vitamin, helping to exert all its antioxidant qualities, avoiding oxidative stress on the skin. It also provides other unique properties, being useful as an anti-aging and plumping ingredient. In addition, it brightens the skin.
- High molecular weight hyaluronic acid. Obtained biotechnologically, it provides moisturizing, protective and film-forming qualities. It also contains an active endogenous precursor of hyaluronic acid, which provides the skin with an interesting moisturizing and restructuring action, from the stratum corneum to the basal layer. Its action is similar to hyaluronic acid, in that it is capable of trapping water molecules on the surface of the skin. Additionally, it tends to be faster and more effective at hydrating the skin after a single application, although the same benefits are also seen after 2 weeks of daily applications.
- Fucogel. With efficacy demonstrated by various in vivo studies, it provides immediate and long-term moisturizing qualities. It is a tremendously rich polysaccharide in fructose, which provides intensely moisturizing qualities and prolongs the moisturizing effect.
- Organic aloe vera gel. Of ecological origin, it consists of a mucilaginous liquid that is obtained from the pulp of the leaves of the aloe vera plant. It is ideal as a moisturizer, softener and soothing, being very useful -for example- for sensitive skin.
In addition, it also contains other natural ingredients of great importance in this regard because they also provide moisturizing and moisturizing qualities. This is the case, for example, of olive oil (which stands out for its richness in both vitamin E and healthy fatty acids), as well as glycerin.
It is a serum that has been dermatologically tested, it is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, which means that since it does not clog the pores, it does not increase the risk of obstruction and breakouts of acne and pimples.
On the other hand, remember that the brand recommends using the facial serum as part of your skin care routine, up to a maximum of twice a day (that is, in the morning and at night).
Main advantages of Nezeni Cosmetics Vitamin C serum:
- High content of hyaluronic acid, aloe vera (organic) and vitamin C.
- Helps to rehydrate the skin, redensify it and restore flexibility and all its splendor.
- It can be used both day and night.
Isdin Hyaluronic Booster Intensive Moisturizing Facial Serum
From the hands of the prestigious -and well-known- brand Isdin we find Hyaluronic Booster, a moisturizing facial serum with intensive qualities and properties, which also provides soothing benefits. It is an excellent facial solution that comes in a series of ampoules (available in a pack of 10 or 30 units), which have in their formulation an advanced combination of two molecules of hyaluronic acid, of medium and low molecular weight, which help the skin to be able to recover its different levels of hydration, thereby achieving a much more radiant skin.
This kind of hyaluronic acid ‘cocktail’ is extremely interesting, since it tends to be more capable of capturing and retaining the moisture naturally present in the skin, thereby improving the tired appearance of facial skin while acting on the different expression lines (and wrinkles).
It also contains HydraFilm, an active compound useful for reinforcing the hydration mechanism of hyaluronic acid, thereby rapidly increasing the different levels of hydration, which last up to 72 hours from the moment of application. And we can’t forget to mention the presence of SoothCalm, a peptide with soothing qualities that helps reduce the feeling of dryness commonly associated with skin dehydration.
To apply it, the brand advises you to follow the steps that we propose below: first, shake the vial well; insert the protector into the blister in order to break its neck without risk of cutting or hurting yourself; Now insert the ampoule into the applicator and uncap. Finally, apply the amount equivalent to half an ampoule to the skin of your face, avoiding the delicate eye area, massaging gently until the product has been completely absorbed.
It is, as we can see, an intensive moisturizing serum that is especially interesting when it comes to achieving immediate and prolonged hydration; which, as we have mentioned, is capable of extending up to a maximum of 72 hours.
Main advantages of Isdin Isdinceutics Hyaluronic Booster:
- It stands out mainly for being an easy intensive moisturizing facial, with calming qualities.
- Helps to achieve immediate and prolonged hydration.
- The moisturizing effect lasts up to 72 hours from the moment of its application.
- Thanks to its soothing qualities, it helps reduce the feeling of irritation commonly associated with dehydration.
- With regular use we get radiant and properly hydrated skin.
Isdin Isdinceutics Flavo-C Ultraglican: antioxidant day serum with moisturizing qualities
If you want to go one step further and, in addition to enjoying the moisturizing qualities of an intensive facial serum, you prefer to provide the skin with a series of active ingredients with useful antioxidant qualities to help protect it from damage caused by free radicals, the brand Isdin, within the aforementioned Isdinceutics product line, has developed Flavo-C Ultraglican, an antioxidant and moisturizing day serum.
In its formulation we find a series of extremely interesting active ingredients in a facial serum, since they all combine with each other to maximize their different antioxidant, moisturizing and protective qualities, as is the case, for example, of hyaluronic acid, the vitamin C and the ultraglycans. These three active ingredients are especially useful for restoring lost luminosity and shine to the skin, restoring hydration levels and reducing both fine lines and wrinkles. But let’s go by parts.
Vitamin C, as you probably know, becomes a very powerful antioxidant of natural origin, which helps protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, as well as activating and stimulating collagen production and restoring the skin’s natural luminosity. It also has ultraglycans, which consist of a combination of pre-proteoglycans and proteoglycans useful for maintaining hydration by reinforcing the different structures that support the skin. While hyaluronic acid stands out for helping to rejuvenate facial skin thanks mainly to its high water-binding capacity, managing to restore hydration levels.
On this occasion, and unlike Isdin’s Hyaluronic Booster Intensive Moisturizing Facial Serum, we find a facial solution in ampoules that contains an advanced combination of not only moisturizing agents but also antioxidants, so its qualities tend to go a little further, providing slightly more complete skin care than the previous one. It becomes, in fact, a more appropriate option when we want to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and not just focus on its moisturizing and soothing qualities.
Main advantages of Isdin Isdinceutics Flavo-C Ultraglican:
- Moisturizing serum with antioxidant qualities.
- It is useful in protecting the skin from damage caused by free radicals, commonly associated with premature aging.
- Contains ultraglycans, hyaluronic acid and vitamin C.
- Ideal to restore the luminosity of the skin.
- With excellent benefits to restore hydration levels.
- Helps reduce fine lines of expression and wrinkles.
In any case, if you want to enjoy other moisturizing facial serums with excellent benefits for the skin and that perfectly complete -and complement- any skin care routine, within the range of Isdinceutics products you can find other equally excellent options. Below we will summarize some of its main characteristics, so that you can choose the serum that interests you or likes you the most:
- Isdinceutics Flavo-C Melatonin. It is a repairing night facial serum, which acts by stimulating the skin’s antioxidant defenses, restoring elasticity and firmness at night, providing luminosity. Contains vitamin C, bakuchiol and melatonin.
- Isdinceutics Pigment Expert. It is a depigmenting facial serum that also acts as a corrector. Provides depigmenting qualities, useful for preventing and treating dark spots that form on the skin as a result of sun exposure without protection (specifically due to sun damage) and aging. In fact, it contains a series of useful active ingredients to exfoliate the skin, helping to restore its natural flexibility. It is interesting when it comes to achieving a more even skin tone, as well as a much more rejuvenated appearance. In its formulation we find some interesting ingredients, such as Pigment Corrector (a combination of niacin amide, hydroxy-phenoxy propionic acid and 4-n-butyl resorcinol), glycolic acid that acts as an exfoliating agent, and dipotassium glycyrrhizate, with calming properties.
- Isdinceutics Night Peel. Exfoliating night serum, which provides an interesting lifting effect by stimulating the exfoliation of superficial skin cells, helping to promote better cell proliferation, while stimulating collagen production. It is excellent because it provides more immediate and deeper hydration, also improving the skin’s barrier function.
L’Oréal Paris Dermo Expertise – Hydra Genius Aloe Vera
Do you have combination or oily skin? If so, the prestigious and well-known brand L’Oréal Paris has developed, within its family of Dermo Expertise products, a facial serum named Hydra Genius Aloe Vera, ideal for achieving immediate and deep hydration, which is maintained for a maximum of 72 hours.
It becomes a wonderful liquid facial care, whose formula combines two active ingredients that act as moisturizers of natural origin, such as hyaluronic acid and aloe vera. Specifically, it contains a total of three hyaluronic acids (low, medium and high molecular weight), capable of retaining up to 1000 times its weight in water, thus becoming an excellent moisturizing active agent. On this occasion, L’Oréal Paris incorporates it into its fragmented formulation, in order to favor both its penetration and its mobility in the epidermis.
As far as Aloe Vera extract is concerned, it becomes an active agent extremely rich in essential nutrients. In fact, did you know that it provides 12 vitamins (including vitamin C and E), 20 minerals, and 18 amino acids? We are therefore faced with a very interesting ingredient when it comes to skin care, mainly thanks to its moisturizing qualities and its natural ability to restore the skin’s barrier function.
Although we have chosen the option specially designed for combination and oily skin, the truth is that L’Oréal Paris has also developed two other options suitable for normal skin and for dry and sensitive skin. So you can enjoy all the qualities that this moisturizing facial serum provides, regardless of the type of skin you have, since you will find the most suitable one depending on the needs of your specific skin.
In this sense, and depending on the product you choose depending on your skin type, the texture and consistency of the facial serum will vary. For example, while for combination and oily skin it has a gel form (fresh and light with a matte finish), if you have normal skin its texture is liquid, with a luminous finish. The same does not happen with the serum developed for sensitive and dry skin, since it tends to have a fluid texture, with a comfortable finish.
Main advantages of L’Oréal Paris Dermo Expertise Hydra Genius Aloe Vera
- Contains a total of three hyaluronic acids (low, medium and high molecular weight), fragmented to improve their penetration and mobility in the epidermis.
- Aloe vera extract that provides 20 minerals, 12 vitamins and 18 amino acids.
- Helps to achieve soft, hydrated, fresh and comfortable skin practically instantly.
- Ideal to enjoy a much more beautiful, intense and deeply hydrated skin during the next 72 hours after its application.
SatinNaturel Vitamin A, C, E & Organic Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
SatinNaturel is characterized by being a well-known and interesting beauty brand, mainly because it develops a series of products in whose formulation we find mainly natural ingredients of organic origin. And, precisely, on this occasion we are faced with an excellent facial serum with vitamin A, C and E as well as bio hyaluronic acid, thus becoming an option as interesting as it is excellent.
It provides a maximized anti-aging effect thanks to the fact that it combines in a single formulation all the properties that vitamins provide that are so interesting in skin care, such as vitamin C (which we have already told you about on several occasions), vitamin E and vitamin A, thereby creating a focused skin care product that also provides antioxidant qualities, effectively protecting the skin against damage and destruction caused by free radicals. On the other hand, it helps to reverse the most visible signs of aging by renewing the different cellular structures, thereby providing adequate hydration and promoting the production and synthesis of collagen., which helps plump the skin, blurring both fine lines and wrinkles.
One of the main characteristics of this facial serum is that it does not contain water as the main ingredient, but organic aloe vera, which provides a deeply nourishing and moisturizing component to this product, which also tends to combine perfectly with organic extracts of rosehip and green tea that are also found in its formulation, and that provide a useful botanical boost to protect the skin against dryness, helping to hydrate it and giving it luminosity.
Among other interesting aspects, it provides a very powerful anti-aging effect, which provides a radiant appearance, achieving plumper and smoother skin, as well as a much more uniform complexion. But its qualities do not end here, since it evens out hyperpigmentation (useful against dark spots) and dark circles.
Another of the most interesting elements is that it contains vegan hyaluronic acid, which helps moisturize the skin and retain the moisture naturally present in it, but making this product a perfectly suitable and recommended option for those who follow a vegan lifestyle, since which is 100% cruelty-free (meaning it has not been tried or tested on animals), and also contains no parabens, sulfates or microplastics.
If you are concerned about skin care, and above all using products that are not only respectful of the environment and animals, but also contain in its formulation only and exclusively ingredients of one hundred percent natural origin, there is no doubt that this SatinNaturel facial serum will become the best of your options. But the truth is that it is not the only option to choose, since if you are looking for a highly moisturizing facial serum that also acts as a natural anti-wrinkle, you can choose SatinNaturel’s pure hyaluronic acid facial serum, on whose characteristics we are going to talk to you about in the following product analysis. Do you dare to discover it with us?
Main advantages of SatinNaturel vitamin A, C and E facial serum:
- High content of vitamins A, C, E and organic hyaluronic acid. It also contains aloe vera, and green tea and rosehip extracts that perfectly complete its formulation.
- Powerful anti-aging effect.
- Helps to nourish and hydrate the skin in depth, giving it luminosity.
- Useful to protect the skin against dryness.
- Moisturizes and retains the moisture naturally present in the skin, in a simple but effective way.
SatinNaturel Organic Pure Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
As its name suggests, this facial serum from SatinNaturel contains pure hyaluronic acid of organic origin (and, in addition, one hundred percent vegan), with a concentration 3 times higher, in addition to aloe vera. Specifically, it contains a combination of a high dosage of low, medium and high molecular weight hyaluronic acid, which means that this active ingredient is capable of acting on practically most layers of the skin, including the deepest.
Thanks to this, it provides an immediate anti-wrinkle filler, also useful for fine lines of expression; improves the overall texture of the skin; It provides a very interesting anti-aging effect which is characterized by being long-term; and also contains N-Acetyl-D-glucosamine, helpful in stimulating even the natural production of hyaluronic acid in the body.
As with the previous SatinNaturel product we reviewed, it has organic aloe vera as a natural ingredient instead of water, making it an even more effective and beneficial option. However, on this occasion it has also been enriched with organic spirulina algae extract and organic rose water, which are combined with each other to enjoy a much more strengthening additional skin care, useful not only for the face, but also for the very delicate contour of the eyes, neck and décolletage.
In combination with a moisturizing cream and applied in the night care routine, it becomes an excellent option as a moisturizing treatment, thanks to the fact that it provides a truly intense moisturizing action by having in its formulation a complete anti-aging complex with a reinforced effect, helping to the skin to recover from some of the main signs of aging. Mainly because it contains multimolecular and highly concentrated hyaluronic acids, useful for giving the skin a much more youthful, luminous and radiant appearance.
In fact, it is even capable of acting by increasing the production of hyaluronic acid, thanks to the presence of acetyl glucosamine that we mentioned in the previous lines, since it is capable of activating the natural production of hyaluronic acid in the body, providing its main benefits to long-term and allowing you to enjoy a much more uniform, rejuvenated and radiant appearance.
It also provides an immediate anti-aging effect, useful for smoothing fine lines of expression present in the upper layer of the skin, as well as deeper wrinkles, while improving skin texture by offering long-term refinement by bonding water molecules to thereby increase the moisture balance in the skin (thanks to the presence of medium molecular content hyaluronic acid).
Main advantages of SatinNaturel Pure Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum:
- Contains in its formulation 3 types of pure hyaluronic acid of organic origin: low, medium and high molecular weight.
- Provides an immediate anti-aging effect, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
- It provides interesting long-term benefits, thanks to the action of low-molecular content hyaluronic acid, which is capable of passing to much deeper layers of the skin.
- It also increases the body’s natural production of hyaluronic acid.
- Improves the texture of the skin, due to the action of hyaluronic acid with a medium molecular content.
- It also contains other extremely interesting ingredients of natural origin, such as spirulina algae extract and rose water.
Avène Hydrance Intense Rehydrating Serum
Do you need to enjoy extra skin hydration, helping to actively and effectively rehydrate it? If so, you will love Hydrance Intense Rehydrating Serum developed by the prestigious Avène brand, since it is a very complete serum that has a high concentration of the patented Cohederm complex, capable of actively and intensely moisturizing while fortifying the skin, restoring both its natural hydration as its natural protection barrier, providing a long-lasting soothing effect by restoring the skin’s water reserves.
This is mainly due to the fact that in its formulation we find Avène thermal spring water, with an anti-irritant effect, useful for enjoying much more hydrated skin without the risk of irritation. Thanks to this, the fine lines of expression that have arisen as a result of dehydration are softened, while the skin is hydrated intensely and lastingly, which means that it recovers its softness, elasticity and luminosity, providing in turn a pleasant feeling of well-being. In short, the skin will be better equipped after its application to be able to combat -in a more effective way- the different aggressions of the environment.
Due to its main effects and benefits, it is a facial serum that has been specially designed for use on very dehydrated sensitive skin.
According to the brand, this serum is capable of providing 24 hours of continuous hydration. Then, with the passing of days and regular daily use (after 21 days), the skin is visibly calmer by 98 percent, more radiant by 97 percent, and much more elastic and with a greater sensation of wellness by up to 99 percent.
Main advantages of Avène Hydrance Intense Rehydrating Serum:
- Ideal facial serum to rehydrate the skin.
- Contains Avène thermal spring water and the patented Cohederm complex.
- Helps to intensely rehydrate the skin, fortifying it and restoring its natural protection barrier.
- In turn, it provides a long-lasting soothing effect thanks to the fact that it restores the different water reserves of the skin.
- Fine wrinkles caused by dehydration of the skin are smoothed.
- Provides a pleasant feeling of well-being.
- Visible results after 21 days of regular use. It also provides complete hydration that lasts 24 hours.
La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Serum
Do you have sensitive and dehydrated skin? If so, La Roche-Posay has developed a complete facial serum with your skin type in mind, which you will find in stores under the name Hydraphase Intense Serum. It is a concentrated gel with rehydrating qualities, containing hyaluronic acid as one of its most important active ingredients.
But it also has a very high concentration of La Roche-Posay Thermal Water, which provides excellent hydration to the skin, which lasts and is maintained for a maximum of 24 hours.
The formula is completed by two other extremely interesting ingredients: serine and arginine, which combine wonderfully with each other to help make the skin more capable of retaining water, thereby achieving much more intense rehydration. In fact, when the skin is more replete with water, it will be irremediably tighter and firmer, which will result in a much younger appearance.
It is basically an effective facial serum to help the skin achieve and restore its optimal levels of hydration. And, according to the brand, with an application 2 times a day (morning and night) for 4 weeks, it is possible to observe a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles caused by dehydration (based on a self-assessment involving 43 women with normal and sensitive skin, for whom 81 percent noted this improvement and beneficial effect).
The brand recommends applying the product to both the cheeks and the neck for around 10 minutes, in order for the skin to fully absorb the product. Although it is not necessary to rinse or rinse with water, since we must wait until it is absorbed, it is possible to remove the excess with the help of a disc or a cotton pad. On the other hand, it also recommends applying it daily morning and night to enhance its effects and results, avoiding the delicate eye area and always applying it before the usual skin care products (that is, always after the facial toner and before of moisturizer).
Main advantages of La-Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Serum:
- Ideal for sensitive and dehydrated skin.
- Contains hyaluronic acid, thermal water from La Roche-Posay, arginine and serine.
- Helps provide skin hydration for 24 hours.
- It allows to achieve a much more intense rehydration.
- Helps skin look smoother and firmer by restoring optimal moisture levels.
- Much more visible results in just 4 weeks of use.
Iduncare facial serum with anti-wrinkle, anti-aging and moisturizing effect
The Iduncare brand has developed a complete facial serum that mainly contains vitamin C in a high concentration (20%) and pure hyaluronic acid, therefore useful when it comes to more intensely combating the natural aging process of the skin. In fact, we find these ingredients in a very high concentration, so in a simple but effective way, this anti- aging facial serum helps maintain the flexibility and firmness of the skin.
The rejuvenating formula that we find in its formulation makes it an extremely interesting serum to help regenerate the skin almost immediately, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, and reducing dark spots that have formed on the skin. In short, it is especially useful to help skin look -and feel- not only more radiant and youthful, but also much healthier.
All this is due to the fact that it provides a pure hydration effect, thanks to the fact that its active ingredients have been specially selected -very carefully- to provide an optimal amount of hydration, which is maintained throughout the day. We must remember that the hydration of the skin is simply essential to contribute to the anti-aging process, so this facial serum more than meets this effect.
And what is even better: thanks to its wonderful combination of active ingredients, among which not only the presence of vitamin C and hyaluronic acid stands out, but also other natural antioxidants, the results of this serum are observed practically from the first day. In addition, it is suitable for any type of skin, leaving a unique sensation of freshness and softness.
Main advantages of the Iduncare Facial Serum:
- It contains vitamin C in a high concentration and also pure hyaluronic acid and antioxidants of natural origin.
- Results from day one.
- Helps achieve pure hydration, maintaining optimal hydration throughout the day.
- Useful in the prevention of aging thanks to the fact that it hydrates the skin in depth.
- It also provides intensive regeneration, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, reducing sun spots and actively regenerating the skin.
Basic differences between a serum and a moisturizer
It is very possible that you think that if you use a moisturizing serum it will not be necessary to apply a cream afterwards, mainly because in theory it will also help to hydrate the skin. However, it is important to keep in mind that their goals and functions are not the same, and that serums and moisturizers tend to help the skin in different ways. In fact, sometimes a serum may only be enough for what the skin needs right now, and at other times we will find what it needs in both a serum and a moisturizer.
As we have already explained to you on several occasions, serums are characterized by being thinner and lighter than moisturizers (although much less than facial toners, which do tend to be much lighter in consistency and texture), and also tend to meet a wide variety of functions, many more than those provided by a moisturizing cream, whose functionality in most cases tends to be just that, to moisturize and keep the skin hydrated, but little else.
For this reason, it is essential to apply the serum directly to the skin after having cleaned and/or toned it, and always before moisturizing. They tend to absorb quickly, and can be used both morning and night. Of course, as many beauty experts defend, facial serums, even when moisturizing, are not intended to replace moisturizer, but it is advisable to use them in order to increase and enhance their effects, especially if we apply the cream immediately after.
We must also bear in mind that facial serums tend to address a wide variety of skin care related problems, so everything will depend on the purpose for which it has been created and the different active ingredients that we find in its formulation. For example, in addition to moisturizing serums, there are also anti-aging serums, serums for the prevention and treatment of acne or serums to lighten the skin, among many other examples. On the other hand, while it is true that serums are slightly more expensive than any other skin care product, we could say that it is for a very interesting reason: they are packed with high concentrations of powerful ingredients, which means that a small amount usually helps a lot.
Moisturizers, however, are characterized by being generally thicker and creamier. Its purpose, as you probably know, is to hydrate the skin, prevent and avoid water loss. In addition, some moisturizing creams can also contain different ingredients with anti-aging qualities, so once applied to the skin, they not only hydrate but can help treat some of the main signs of premature aging, serving a double function. However, when dealing with a more difficult skin problem, such as sun damage, for example, we most often prefer to combine our favorite moisturizer with a quality serum, rich in antioxidant and protective active ingredients.
Main benefits of moisturizing serums
In any case, despite the different qualities and benefits they provide, of all the products that we can use every day for skin care, in our own beauty routine, facial serums are characterized by being the ones that most often are neglected. Perhaps because most of the other steps are easier to understand. For example, you wash your face with the help of a deep cleanser and it is immediately clean; you apply a facial moisturizer and it will help almost instantly to make it feel less dry. However, even though the reasoning behind the application of facial serums is often less well understood, these products do indeed provide excellent benefits for the skin.
But, as many experts say, we should think of facial serums as one of the most rewarding and beneficial steps in any beauty routine, especially considering that we could layer them to add additional benefits…
Have you already chosen your favorite moisturizing serum from among the different ones that we have analyzed and discovered throughout this guide? If so, it is necessary to investigate what qualities and benefits it would provide for our skin to integrate one of these serums into our skin care routine, especially if you tend to follow one every day (and, if you don’t, you We recommend doing it from tonight, since the routine becomes the best way to provide the skin with all the care it needs, in a simple and easy way, using a series of useful and recommended products for this purpose.).
And why is hydration so fundamental and important? We must bear in mind that our bodies are made up of water in an amount that ranges between approximately 58 and 60 percent. In fact, the brain is made up of 70 percent water, the blood is 80 percent, and the lungs reach the not insignificant figure of 90 percent. Therefore, water -and hydration- are very important for life, and for the proper functioning of our body. The cells of our bodies are filled with water. And the skin also needs and needs to be hydrated every day.
In this sense, the best way to hydrate it (besides, obviously, regularly maintaining adequate internal hydration by drinking water and other healthy liquids) is by opting for some moisturizing products that meet and provide this interesting quality, such as could be the case with face serums with moisturizing qualities, and immediately follow up with a good moisturizer. Obviously, a serum can only be used on the skin of the face, neck and décolletage (at most), so for the rest of the body it is essential to use a moisturizer, such as a body cream or oil.
But, in the particular case of moisturizing serums, what benefits do they provide to our skin? Here we go to discover them:
- They improve the appearance of the skin. Did you know that a lack of hydration can end up making your skin dry, flaky and tight? These are, in fact, some of the most typical symptoms of dry or parched skin. Therefore, keeping skin properly hydrated not only tends to help skin look and feel suppler and plump, it also addresses some of the major issues related to dullness of the skin’s surface, commonly caused by buildup. during the time of dead cells.
- Helps delay the aging process. Although it is true that the normal and common aging of the passing of the years cannot be avoided, it is possible to reduce or prevent as much as possible some of the main signs of premature aging. Moisturizing the skin is ideal when it comes to keeping it adequately elastic, maintaining its elasticity, which will help positively when it comes to combating both fine lines of expression and wrinkles.
- Useful for removing toxins from the skin. When we hydrate the skin properly, it is common for it to acquire a much more radiant glow. This is because, with the use of a moisturizer regularly, we help eliminate not only dead cells but also toxins, which, without adequate hydration, would cause inflammation and irritation.
- Ideal against excess sebum. Especially if you have combination or oily skin, it is very likely that every day you find yourself fighting against the overproduction of sebum (oil). It is normal that, possibly, the skin of your face at this very moment looks shiny and oily in the mirror. In addition, what few people know is that dehydrated skin sends signals to the different sebaceous glands to produce a greater amount of oil as a natural defense mechanism. This means that not only combination or oily skin can have problems with the overproduction of sebum. A moisturizing serum is interesting in this regard, because by keeping the skin hydrated there is no increase in oil production.
- Fundamental against acne and breakouts. In the same way that a moisturizing serum is especially useful to eliminate the overproduction of sebum, keeping the skin properly hydrated is equally essential to make it less oily, and thus prevent possible acne breakouts.