In a previous article we talked to you about the different benefits of oats, a delicious cereal as well as nutritious, which has very important properties for the health of all those people who consume it regularly every day.
For example, as we knew at the time, it is rich in B vitamins and fiber, which is particularly interesting against constipation. In addition, it is also antispasmodic, being good in case of irritable bowel.
However, this time we are going to talk about another nutritious and beneficial food that is also made from oats: oat bran.
And, what are the benefits of oat bran? And it’s most important properties?
Benefits and properties of oat bran
- Reduces the sensation of appetite, thanks to the fact that it helps reduce hunger.
- Lowers high cholesterol levels.
- Prevents the onset of diabetes.
- Regulates intestinal transit, thus preventing or relieving constipation.
- It helps in weight loss, thanks to the fact that it is capable of absorbing up to 20 times its volume of water in the stomach.
For all these reasons, oat bran is a healthy and natural food whose main benefits go through its use as a slimming product, because it is able to reduce the feeling of hunger.
Regarding the calories that we find in oat bran, 100 grams of product provide a total of 250 calories, whose nutrients are divided as follows:
- Carbohydrates: 66 g.
- Proteins: 16 g.
- Fat: 7 g.
- Fiber: 16 g.
- Glycemic Index: 55.
As we can see, it is a caloric product but with benefits and healthy nutrients for our body. Therefore, its regular consumption is recommended as a way to provide our body with the fiber and B vitamins that we need so much every day.