There is no doubt that milk has occupied and played an important role in our lives. Milk such as sheep’s milk or goat’s milk, for example, whose specific weight has certainly been undeniable in some regional cuisines, such as La Mancha or Canarian cuisine.
It is precisely in this last place that milk tends to be consumed on a regular basis. In fact, it is to some extent normal that, in your most typical kitchen, we can find a wide variety of recipes in which this healthy drink is used.
On the islands of Lanzarote or Fuerteventura, for example, it is common for us to come across camels, which in some places have even been used as a typical and authentic tourist attraction.
However, the news today is not precisely about this issue, but about another that, almost certainly, will interest many of our readers: the use of camel milk to treat a wide variety of disorders or health problems.
The consumption of camel milk provides important benefits and properties
Although it tends to be very common for one of the most consumed milks more or less worldwide, especially in our country, to be cow’s milk, the truth is that the number of people who choose other types or varieties is increasing.
It is in this aspect that camel milk appears, unknown to many but well known to canaries.
And it is that according to Elena Diaz, biologist and food technologist at Oasis Park La Lapita (a center that is carrying out a research project to obtain a stable production of camel milk), there are several scientific studies that support the important benefits of camel milk for health.
More specifically, we summarize below some of the most important properties:
- Camel milk contains a protein (peptide) that has characteristics similar to insulin that helps control diabetes, but without the side effects of diabetes (as it is known, it can affect vision and the kidney).
- Useful as a laxative, especially in preventing or treating constipation.
- Helps in the treatment against osteoporosis.
- It can reduce and even prevent the appearance of childhood allergies.
- Useful in treating hepatitis or tuberculosis.