For the prevention of obesity there are certain beneficial and recommended foods to prevent excess weight, in a natural and healthy way. We will discover the most suitable for you.
Every year the cases of both overweight and obesity increase, to levels that worry many doctors and nutritionists specializing in excess weight in the population.
The overweight is the result of excessive accumulation of fat in fat cells (or adipocytes) of the body, which are located under the skin, it referred to as the subcutaneous adipose tissue. However, unlike being overweight, obesity consists of an excessive amount of body fat.
In this sense, a useful way to measure both overweight and obesity is the Body Mass Index, which is based on height and weight and is used in adults, children and adolescents.
But the reality is that it is possible to prevent being overweight, as long as a healthy lifestyle is followed, based on a balanced and healthy diet, and physical exercise is practiced on a regular basis. And, precisely, there are beneficial foods to prevent obesity.
Recommended foods to prevent obesity
What are the best foods, especially suitable in the prevention of both overweight and obesity? Take note, we will discover them below.
Many nutritionists advise consuming 2 to 5 servings of fruit a day. They are foods low in calories and fat, which also provide essential nutrients to our body, which in many cases are ideal for preventing excess weight.
We can highlight citrus fruits, apples and pears. Although, in general, most of the fresh fruits are suitable within a varied and balanced diet.
Vegetables and greens
Like fruits, the consumption of 2 to 5 daily servings of fresh vegetables is recommended. They provide vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients with slimming, cleansing and diuretic benefits. For example, they are very rich in water and also in fiber, which helps to provide satiety and decrease appetite.
Foods rich in whole grains help in the prevention of overweight thanks to the fact that their fiber content helps to carry away the fat and the different wastes that our body does not need. It is advisable to consume 25 grams of fiber a day.
They help to provide satiety, which results in a decrease in appetite, and therefore the person will tend to eat less. Precisely due to the fact that it provides a very interesting amount of fiber.
In addition, fiber not only helps reduce hunger and therefore the sensation of appetite (eating less). It is also useful in the prevention of constipation, and to eliminate everything that our body does not need.
And what foods should be avoided?
It is evident that not only is it enough to choose natural and fresh foods, as well as to follow a varied and balanced diet, as a way to prevent both overweight and obesity. It is also important to avoid or reduce certain foods and food products, which stand out especially for their high fat and / or sugar content.
We must put in this group foods like the ones indicated below:
- Sweets and pastries: Not only sweets and pastries, but also cookies, cakes, cakes. They stand out for their high fat and sugar content. In addition, if you buy them, the most common thing is that they also contain Trans or saturated fats.
- Soda and sugary drinks: Did you know that a single can of soda can exceed the amount of sugar recommended by the World Health Organization? A short time ago, precisely, the WHO advised to limit the amount of sugar to consume daily to the equivalent of 12 tablespoons.
- Fruit juices: As we have already mentioned on several occasions, although they are considered natural and healthy drinks, the truth is that they contain many sugars and few vitamins and fiber (even if they are homemade). In contrast, it is best to always choose to consume fresh fruit.
- Processed, fried and battered foods: It is very important to choose healthier ways of cooking, and generally low in fat. On the other hand, we must replace processed and battered foods with more natural ones.
The dangerous increase in overweight and obesity
For years the World Health Organization (WHO) itself has been warning about the dangerous and alarming increase in cases of overweight and obesity in most developed countries, especially among children and adolescents, which makes the concern still higher.
In practically all cases, this increase is due to the lifestyles and habits that are currently followed, based on the consumption of foods and food products rich in fats and sugars, and coupled with the practice or no practice of physical exercise (that is, a rather sedentary lifestyle is followed).
Already last year, the WHO warned that 42 million children under the age of five were overweight, warning that childhood obesity practically doubled in poor countries.
A short time before, in May 2015, it warned of a great obesity crisis in Europe towards the year 2030, placing Spain among the countries in which the increase in overweight problems is expected to be more significant.
Other habits that can help you a lot in the prevention of obesity
In addition to following a diet as natural as possible, based on natural and fresh foods, low in fat and sugar, it is equally important to follow a healthy lifestyle.
For example, we must complete it with the practice of regular physical exercise, which will not only help us in the prevention of overweight and obesity, but will also be essential when it comes to enjoying good health.
And it is that with the practice of sports on a regular basis we help our body to burn fat and calories, while we take care of our health. In fact, did you know that it is especially useful to improve our mood, and will help us feel better about ourselves?
It doesn’t take a lot of effort, although it may cost you a bit at first: just exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. And, for starters, you can opt for extremely simple activities, such as walking or running.
In short: the best diet to lose weight and lose weight
Basically, the following foods should not be missing from your diet:
- Fruits, Vegetables, and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables can go a long way toward losing weight. For example, kiwi has a high satiating power, as well as being a diuretic and laxative. In this case we can also name watermelon or pineapple, as it contains a lot of water.
When it comes to vegetables and greens, spinach for example provides a lot of iron and in addition, they are very low in calories. Asparagus is also diuretic, and helps eliminate toxins.
- Whole grains: There are many benefits that we find in whole grains, knowing that they help regulate the functioning of the intestine thanks to the fact that they are rich in fiber, thus helping to form the bolus and therefore facilitating its elimination. A good option is to get used to always having a bowl of cereal for breakfast every morning, or even opt for muesli, which combines cereals with nuts and fruits themselves.
- Tea or infusions: Teas such as green tea or red tea are very good allies when it comes to losing those extra kilos, since both teas, hot infusions and herbal teas favor the elimination of liquids, dragging the toxins from Our organism.
- Brown rice: It has much more fiber than white rice, and less fat, so it can be a good ally when it comes to losing weight.
- Yogurt: As we already saw at a certain point, yogurt is a really healthy product for health. Of course, we must always opt for those skimmed or in their light version.
- Meat and fish: Meat and fish can be useful, especially lean meats and fish in general. When it comes to meat, chicken is, along with turkey and white veal, one of the least fattening meats. A really good option is to cook it in the oven, grilled or boiled. Nor should we forget the sole, one of the best options when it comes to supplying proteins to our body, and they also help us lose weight since they contain few calories. Opt for those made grilled or baked.