Food for the liver: there is a beneficial diet for the liver, one of the most important organs of our body. Discover the best diet to take care of this organ.
The liver is considered a true “factory” in our body, becoming in fact one of the most important organs. Why? Mainly because of the large number of functions that it carries out throughout the day.
Among these most important functions, its usefulness in blood purification by eliminating toxins and waste, in addition to working together with the gallbladder in the digestion of fats, stands out above all.
When it comes to taking care of the liver, an interesting option is to purify the liver at least once a year, since in this way we will help it purify itself naturally and we will make it work better from that moment.
But just as there are foods that are beneficial for the liver, there are also foods or products that are harmful to its proper health: this is the case, for example, of alcohol, highly seasoned, fried and very fatty foods.
Diet beneficial for the liver
A diet that is beneficial for the liver should above all be based on the consumption of natural, fresh, healthy and healthy foods, avoiding foods with some fat content and unhealthy food products.
It is essential to follow a healthy diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, in addition to eating several servings of lean or white meats, fish, legumes and whole grains each week.
We must also drink between 1.5 to 2 liters of liquids every day, combining between water and infusions useful for the liver (such as the infusion of dandelion, artichoke and milk thistle).
Ideal foods for the liver
- Artichokes: they are ideal foods for the liver, thanks to the fact that they increase the secretion of bile on the one hand, and help in the metabolization of fats, on the other.
- Milk thistle: it is a very beneficial plant when it comes to protecting the liver, as it helps in the regeneration of liver cells.
- Garlic: it is a food capable of activating the different enzymes of the liver, which help in the elimination of toxins by our body. It also contains allicin and selenium, which aid in its natural cleansing.
- Carrots: stimulates and improves the different liver functions.
- Beetroot: It is rich in flavonoids and beta-carotene, which means that it is useful for improving the various functions of the liver.
- Grapefruit: it is a fruit rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which help in the natural cleansing of the liver, in addition to detoxifying it.
- Avocados: help the body produce glutathione, a nutrient useful for the liver to eliminate harmful toxins that accumulate in it.
- Apples: they are rich in pectins and useful chemical components to make it easier for the liver to cleanse itself.
- Crucifers: broccoli and cauliflower stand out above all, which increase the production of enzymes in the liver.