If you are passionate about pasta dishes, this basil sauce recipe is ideal precisely to accompany these types of dishes. Find out what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to make it at home.
The sauce basil or basil cream sauce is a sauce that can accompany the pasta dishes, seasoning meat, fish and also ideal to accompany salads. Basil, in addition to providing an exquisite flavor to our dishes, will benefit us with all its nutritional properties.
We could find a recipe or similar dish in the popular Italian sauce traditionally known as pesto, a delicious sauce with a characteristic green color that is made precisely with fresh basil leaves, in addition to other ingredients such as parsley, cheese Parmesan or pecorino, pine nuts and garlic clove.
As you know, pesto is characterized by being a traditional sauce from Italy, whose name comes from the Genoese word Prestare and which literally means to pound. And like the basil sauce recipe that we are talking about in this note, it is ideal to accompany pasta dishes, meat, fish and fresh salads.
While the basil sauce that we propose on this occasion is not made with Parmesan or Pecorino cheese but with Greek yogurt, it does have some ingredients in common, such as extra virgin olive oil and ground black pepper.
How to make the basil sauce:
- Some fresh basil leaves (about 50 grams).
- A Greek yogurt.
- Extra virgin olive oil with a mild flavor.
- A pinch of salt.
- A pinch of ground black pepper.
- We wash the basil leaves well and drain them.
- We put the basil leaves in the blender.
- Add the Greek yogurt together with the basil and beat well.
- Then we add the oil little by little and beat again.
- Next we add a pinch of salt and another of pepper.
- Stir well with a spoon until well mixed.
- The sauce should be creamy.