Walnut banana bread is nutritious and delicious bread, very easy to prepare and to make. We explain how to make it at home and what nutritional properties it provides.
Do you like bread? Bananas and nuts too? In that case, it is quite possible that you will enjoy this delicious nutritious bread full of benefits and properties, which provides an excellent amount of energy and which ultimately stands out precisely for being ideal for all ages: banana and walnut bread.
We are faced with a bread popularly known by the name of Walnut banana bread, although there is an original, classic and basic option simply called Banana bread, and which consists of a simple banana bread, without adding any other extra ingredients, as for example now it is the case of walnuts.
Where does this curious bread come from? Its origin must be found in the United States, where this delicious recipe was devised about a century ago, which soon became popular throughout the world. And it becomes, in fact, a wonderful option to take advantage of those ripe bananas that always end up staying in the fruit bowl, spoiling.
How to make banana nut bread
- 3 bananas at their ripe point.
- 75 grams of chopped walnuts.
- 340 grams of simple sifted wheat flour.
- 225 grams of sugar.
- 75 grams of ointment butter.
- 2 small eggs.
- 4 tablespoons of milk to soften the dough.
- 4 tablespoons of water.
- A little butter to grease the mold.
- We start by making the syrup by putting a heater on the fire with 100 grams of sugar and 4 tablespoons of water.
- We make the syrup with low heat and without stopping stirring. Remove the syrup from the heat and reserve.
- We are putting the oven to preheat with a temperature of 180º C for 20 minutes.
- We remove the skin from the bananas and crush them with the help of a fork, we can also puree them with the blender if you want.
- To make the dough, put the sifted flour in a bowl and add the butter, the rest of the sugar, the well-beaten egg, the chopped nuts, the well-crushed bananas, the syrup and knead.
- While kneading add about 4 tablespoons of milk and knead again. Spread a little butter on the bottom and the walls of the mold in which we are going to make the bread. If we happen to have parchment paper, we can substitute it for the butter by lining the mold with this parchment paper.
- Pour the dough into the mold and cook the bread for 60 minutes at a temperature of 150º C.
- Once the bread is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- When it is completely cold, we can unmold it. Let the bread rest for about 12 hours before eating or serving it.
The Benefits of Banana Nut Bread
Regarding the nutritional contribution of this delicious bread, there is no doubt that we are facing a very energetic food, mainly due to its banana content and also in nuts.
On the one hand, the banana is a fruit tremendously rich in vitamins, among which we can mention those of group B (including folic acid), vitamin C and E. It also provides minerals, especially potassium, magnesium and iron. On the other hand, it stands out for being an energy food due to its carbohydrate content.
On the other hand, walnuts are delicious nuts, essential in a varied, healthy and balanced diet. Among other aspects, they provide vitamins (B1, B2, B6 and E), as well as minerals such as magnesium, potassium and phosphorus. Of course, they stand out for their richness in fatty acids, especially omega 6, especially useful for preventing cardiovascular diseases and reducing high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
As we can see, we are faced with a food that is as nutritious as it is energetic, which provides excellent amounts of carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. In addition, its ease of preparation makes it an ideal option for practically all ages, which can be eaten for breakfast or as a snack.
And what can we accompany it with? Well, we can eat it alone, as is, or add butter, jam, yogurt… As you can imagine, there are many possibilities.