Cinnamon apple is a very easy healthy dessert to make. This time we suggest how to make roasted apple with cinnamon and other delicious apple dessert recipes.
If you are as passionate about desserts as we are, there is no doubt that desserts made with fruit become the most nutritious and healthy options, in addition to being very easy to prepare in most cases. This is what happens with the apple, a fruit that combines perfectly with a wide variety of ingredients, such as cinnamon.
In fact, it is quite likely that at some point or other you have already enjoyed a dessert in which apple and cinnamon have been combined (almost perfectly we could say). And it is that the soft and sweet flavor that the apple provides mixes tremendously well with the aromatic power that cinnamon possesses.
In this sense, a very common option is the traditional baked apple pie, an individualized version of the popular Tarte Tatin of French origin, which consists of a cake made with apple, which has previously been caramelized with butter and sugar, placing them below and the dough on top.
This time we propose some dessert recipes where apple and cinnamon are the main ingredients. Excellent options for those who enjoy the combination of these two wonderful ingredients. Do you dare to prepare any of them?
Basic recipe for roasted apple with cinnamon
It is, as its name suggests, one of the most basic options for combining apple with cinnamon. It basically consists of roasting the apple, and then adding powdered cinnamon to flavor it. But let’s go in parts.
- 3 red apples.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cinnamon powder.
Preparation of the roasted apple with cinnamon:
- Wash the red apples well. Then peel them and cut them into squares.
- Put the cut apple pieces in a saucepan over the fire, add the butter and let the apple roast over the fire.
- Stir the apple from time to time to help it blend with the butter and soften it better.
- When the apple pieces are soft and almost cooked, add the cinnamon to taste and stir well again.
- Serve the apple and enjoy.
Baked apple and cinnamon cake
The apple sponge cake recipe that we propose on this occasion is also a simple recipe that is very easy to make, which also stands out for being one of the most classic and popular. It is ideal for those who enjoy the fluffiness of sponge cake or cake.
- 3 large red apples
- 1 natural yogurt of 125 g
- 3 measures of the glass of yogurt with yeast wheat flour (375 g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 measure of the glass of yogurt of extra virgin olive oil (smooth)
- 2 measures of the glass of sugar yogurt (250 g)
- 1/2 envelope of baking powder (7 g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- Butter (to grease the mold)
Preparation of the baked apple and cinnamon cake:
- In a large bowl add the eggs and sugar. Start beating everything well until the mixture reaches double the volume it had at the beginning. Add the yogurt and beat again, mixing everything again.
- In another bowl mix the yeast with the wheat flour. Add to the previous bowl, and beat again well.
- Add a pinch of salt and the extra virgin olive oil. Beat again well (until smooth).
- Wash the lemon and grate it a little. Add the lemon zest to the mixture and the ground cinnamon. Mix it all up again.
- Preheat the oven to 190º C.
- Wash the apples well, peel them and remove the center of them. Cut them into thin slices. Booking.
- Grease the mold where you are going to cook the cake with butter and pour the previous mixture.
- Add the apple slices on top of the cake batter.
- Put it in the cake, lower the temperature a little, and cook at 180º C for about 45 minutes.
- To check if the cake is ready, remember that you can prick with a fork. If it comes out dry it will be ready.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven being careful not to burn yourself. Let cool and unmold.
Apple and cinnamon trout
Although I usually use wafers to make the traditional Christmas sweet potato trout, one day I decided to try making it with apple and cinnamon. And the result was surprising, I really liked them. They are ideal for preparing a different, different recipe. Take note.
- 1 pack of wafers
- 3 red apples
- Cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg.
Preparation of apple and cinnamon trout:
- First, put the wafers at room temperature, especially if you have them stored in the freezer.
- Wash the apples well, peel them, cut them into pieces and put them in a saucepan over the fire.
- Add the butter, and as the apples soften as they cook, mix well with the help of a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add ground cinnamon to taste and mix again.
- Once you have roasted the apples, let them cool a bit.
- Preheat the oven to 180º C.
- Put the wafers on top, and with the help of a spoon, take the roasted apples little by little. To do this, place a little of the dough in the center of the wafer, close it carefully and mark them with a fork on the edges pressing with it (this will prevent the dough from coming out).
- Do the same with all the wafers until you finish with the roasted apple and cinnamon batter.
- Beat the egg well and with the help of a kitchen brush paint the wafers on top.
- Put the filled wafers on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180º C. Or until you notice that the wafers are golden brown.
- Ready! If you wish, you can decorate with a little icing sugar on top.
As we have seen, the apple with cinnamon can be made and combined in very different ways. After all, everything is a matter of taste.