Discover how you can prepare delicious apple fritters, a very sweet recipe ideal to enjoy during the Easter holiday. Learn how to easily do it at home.
Easter has its traditional gastronomy and as we have done on other occasions, we provide some representative recipes of these dates that may be interesting for us to renew our cookbook and of course try new recipes.
The fritters in both their sweet and salty versions cannot be absent on these dates, this time we present the fritters in a sweet recipe, they are apple fritters.
These fritters are very rich, fluffy and with a delicate apple flavor and a light touch of cinnamon.
The apple fritters can be enjoyed both for dessert and as a snack.
Apple fritters recipe
In this recipe, the apple fritters are prepared with the apple cut into small cubes as a stumbling block, but we can also make them with an apple puree, crushing the apples and incorporating the puree into the fritter dough.
- 300 grams of pastry flour.
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- 120 grams of sugar.
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml. milk.
- 4 apples without skin and cut into small cubes.
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Sunflower or olive oil mild flavor, (to fry the fritters).
- Icing sugar to decorate.
- Honey to accompany.
- We sift the flour with a fine strainer or sieve. In a bowl we put the sifted flour, the yeast, the sugar, the cinnamon and mix well. Add the eggs and beat everything very well with the help of a mixer or a manual stirrer.
- When we get soft dough, add the milk and beat well again. We let the dough rest.
- We wash the apples, remove the skin, cut them in half and remove the central part.
- We cut the apples into small cubes. Add the apple cubes into the fritter dough that we have resting. We stir to incorporate the apple cubes in the dough.
- In a frying pan we put plenty of oil to heat to fry the apple fritters.
- Once the oil is very hot, with the help of a spoon we are taking tablespoons of dough with apple cubes and we are depositing them in the pan to fry.
- Brown the apple fritters on both sides.
- We are depositing the fried fritters on a plate or tray that we have covered with a napkin or absorbent paper so that the excess oil drains.
- When the fritters are cold, sprinkle them with icing sugar.
- The apple fritters can also be presented sprinkled with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon; in this case we will do it when the apple fritters are warm.
- When tasting them we can accompany them with a little honey.
- We can eat apple fritters both warm and cold, as we like or feel like it the most.
- As we have said before, they are ideal to taste for dessert or as a snack.
Other suggestions for tasting apple fritters are:
- Accompanied by some ice cream balls.
- Accompanied by your favorite drink, a warm cup of chocolate, a tea, a cup of coffee or any other infusion flavor you prefer.
Bon Appetit and Good Easter to all!