Combination skin is characterized by being a type of skin that is as characteristic as it is controversial, which can even become a real nightmare, especially when it comes to protecting and caring for it, since at the same time it is possible that some parts of the face appear dry. or dry, while others, however, are slightly oily or even breakouts (something more common if, especially, your skin is prone to acne).
That is, if you have combination skin (also commonly known as combination skin), the most common is that some areas of the face are dry, while other parts are oily. The latter, for example, is especially more common in what is known as the T-zone of the face, which mainly comprises the central part of the face, including the forehead, nose and chin. This area is characterized by being much oilier since the different oil-producing glands of the skin are more concentrated in this area. If these conditions are met, there is no doubt: you have combination skin.
When dealing with combination skin, it is quite common for one -or some- areas of the face to appear quite shiny thanks to the oily T-zone; For example, the chin and nose may appear dull and rough due to a buildup of dead skin cells, which can in turn cause flaking. While the cheeks and the skin around the eyes can be drier than the rest of the face. In turn, and it is something that tends to greatly complicate the care of this type of skin, it is very common for combination skin to have a combination of dry patches and breakouts or excess oil at the same time, at the same time.
Due to all this complication, finding the right skincare products can end up being an ordeal, so it is vitally important to only use those that have been specially designed for application to combination skin. A gentle cleanser, such as micellar water, can become an excellent option when it comes to cleansing the skin. It is also advisable to exfoliate the skin once or twice a week in order to remove dead cells accumulated on the surface of the skin. While this type of skin also needs moisture, it is essential to use a completely oil-free moisturizer for combination skin.
But what about facial serums? It is an extremely useful, interesting and tremendously beneficial product for the skin, which can offer excellent properties, also for mixed and combination skin, thanks to the fact that it is characterized by being a wonderful concentrate of active ingredients , used mainly for the purpose of targeting to treat certain skin problems, due to the fact that in their formulation they contain powerful agents, which are made up of smaller molecules to favor their absorption, and help their action / effect to be as fast as possible.
Although they provide moisturizing qualities, the content or concentration of active ingredients is higher when compared to a moisturizing facial cream, since it does not contain heavy ingredients or oils (they have been eliminated in its formula). For this reason, its texture and consistency is usually much lighter and lighter, although not as much as facial tonics, which are characterized by having a practically liquid consistency, mainly due to their high water content.
For all these reasons, what facial serums can be useful if you have combination skin? Remember that when choosing any skin care product (among which, by the way, we also find serums), it is essential to consider what type of skin we have, as well as what exactly our skin needs. The reality is that, in most cases, a facial serum designed or intended for oily skin can also be useful for combination skin, but it is also essential that it helps to address dry areas of the face.
To help you choose it, here is a guide where we discover some of the best serums for combination skin, which will undoubtedly facilitate the process. Do you dare to discover them with us?
Nezeni Cosmetics anti-aging facial serum: the most complete and with anti-aging benefits
If you are looking for a suitable serum for combination skin, which also provides unique moisturizing qualities for the care and protection of the skin, and even acts as a wonderful anti-aging serum, the Spanish brand Nezeni Cosmetics has developed an authentic anti-aging facial serum, which provides all these benefits (and many more too).
Among other interesting qualities, it provides elasticity and firmness to the skin of the face, including not only the forehead, but it can also be applied to the skin of the neck. So, by acting directly on the micro-contractions that commonly occur in the different areas of expression, it helps to relax and reduce the depth, extension and quantity of the fine lines and wrinkles that appear in these areas.
And what active ingredients do we find and distinguish in its formulation? The truth is that it has a wonderful concentrate of hyaluronic acid based on vitamin C; which, in turn, is presented in the form of a glycoside, which allows it to give the epidermis a treatment as complete as it is intensive, being able to rehydrate the skin and restore all its splendor, actively redensifying it. It also has the following active ingredients:
- Stable vitamin C. In the form of Ascorbyl Glucoside, this vitamin C glycoside becomes one of the best options when it comes to enjoying all the qualities and benefits that this vitamin with its renowned antioxidant action could provide. Among other interesting aspects, it is extremely useful when it comes to reducing the skin’s oxidative stress as much as possible, while reducing the action and negative effect of free radicals. In addition, it provides unique anti-aging qualities, in addition to actively redensifying and brightening the skin.
- Cobiolift. It possibly becomes one of the most innovative active ingredients of all that we find in this anti-aging serum. And it is that it consists of a sugar extracted from the different quinoa seeds, which is capable -according to the results obtained by various in vivo studies- of achieving a reduction of up to 47 percent in the depth of the wrinkles present on the face. Some experts consider that its immediate lifting and anti-wrinkle action is similar to that of botulinum toxin; but, obviously, without becoming toxic, so its use becomes much safer.
- Hyaluronic acid cocktail. We find ourselves on this occasion with a total of two different types of hyaluronic. On the one hand, we must mention the presence of low molecular weight hyaluronic acid, which has a redensifying and antiaging effect, capable of penetrating deeper into the skin. On the other, we find high molecular weight hyaluronic acid, which tends to stay on the surface in order to attract all the moisture present on the outside, to hydrate and protect the most superficial layers of the skin. Nor can we forget the presence of an active endogenous hyaluronic precursor, which has an action quite similar to hyaluronic, since it is perfectly capable of trapping the different water molecules present on the surface of the skin, but with a much faster, more efficient and almost instantaneous effect. In fact, it hydrates the skin from the first application, and even after 2 weeks of regular daily use.
Finally, we find the presence of two other equally interesting active ingredients. This is the case of propanediol, a natural derivative that is very dermoaffin to the skin. And Caprylyl Glucol, a moisturizing agent with conditioning qualities, providing moisturizing, moisturizing and emollient benefits.
Remember that all the products developed by Nezeni Cosmetics have been dermatologically tested, are hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
Flamenca Ultra-Concentrated Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
As you probably know, hyaluronic acid has become one of the most interesting ingredients when it comes to fighting some of the main signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles. So if you find yourself looking for a facial serum that, in addition to treating premature skin aging, helps to hydrate it and treat even the most annoying and uncomfortable symptoms of combination skin, this Flamenca facial serum is for you.
It is an ultra-concentrated hyaluronic acid facial serum (at 5%), which will help you enjoy smoother, healthier and more beautiful skin, thanks to the fact that it is a moisturizing, anti-aging and repairing serum, practically from the first application. thanks precisely to its hyaluronic acid content, which means that it not only hydrates the skin quickly, absolutely in all skin layers, but also provides immediate effects. In other words, being of low molecular weight, deep hydration is achieved in all layers of the skin.
Due to this, the skin recovers its firmness, elasticity and smoothness, which in the long run translates into a much younger and rejuvenated appearance.
But hyaluronic acid is not the only active ingredient that we find in its formulation. It also contains hydranov, panthenol, beta-glucan and a natural moisturizing factor, thus making it a completely unique formula and different from the rest of the serums that you can find on the market right now. So it increases hydration quickly and for a long time, helping in turn to delay skin aging.
Main advantages of Flamenca’s ultra-concentrated facial serum:
- Contains ultra-concentrated hyaluronic acid.
- It also contains hydranov, beta-glucan, panthenol and natural moisturizing factor.
- Increases hydration, intensely.
- Delays the appearance of fine lines of expression and wrinkles.
- Useful in delaying premature aging.
- Regenerates the skin, becoming a complete anti-aging treatment.
SatinNaturel Organic Retinol Face Serum
Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A, which acts as a mild exfoliant, helping to gently exfoliate the skin, accelerating cell renewal and eliminating dead cells accumulated on the surface of the facial skin, thereby achieving avoid that, in the long run, they can continue to clog the pores and therefore increase the risk of acne breakouts.
On this occasion we find a facial serum from SatinNaturel that, precisely, contains retinol (sustained release, in a concentration of 3%), with a complex of 25% vitamin C, in addition to aloe vera and hyaluronic acid. Retinol acts while you sleep, so we are faced with a facial serum that should only be used and applied at night. In fact, since this derivative tends to make the skin more sensitive to the action of ultraviolet rays, it is not so convenient to use it during the day.
But these are not the only active ingredients, and of one hundred percent natural origin, that we can find in the formula of this wonderful and popular facial serum. We should also mention the presence of coconut and argan oil, which are perfectly combined to promote better skin care.
Among other interesting benefits, it stands out for being an anti- wrinkle facial serum that protects the skin against the action of free radicals, stimulates cell renewal in the upper layer of the skin, as well as the production and synthesis of collagen in the lower layers; prevents the destruction of collagen (which usually occurs with age, as we age and get older), and also reduces pigmentation spots.
Made in Germany, does not contain parabens, sulfates or microplastics. In addition, it is perfectly free of animal cruelty, since it has not been tested on animals and ingredients of animal origin have not been used in its preparation. Thanks to this, we are also faced with a very interesting serum for those who follow a vegan lifestyle.
Key Benefits of SatinNaturel Retinol Face Serum:
- Sustained release 3% retinol concentration.
- 25% vitamin C complex.
- It also contains coconut, argan oil, hyaluronic acid and aloe vera.
- Stimulates cell renewal.
- Protects the skin against free radicals.
- It stimulates the synthesis of collagen, also preventing its destruction.
- Reduces pigmentation spots.
L’Oréal Paris Dermo Expertise – Revitalif: Anti-wrinkle serum with pro-retinol
What about a brand like L’Oréal Paris? It is characterized by being a well-known and recognized manufacturer of cosmetics and beauty products in the sector. Thanks mainly to years of experience, it is one of the most valued brands by customers. And, on this occasion, we find Dermo Expertise – Revitalift, an anti- wrinkle facial serum ideal for all skin types, including combination skin.
In its formulation we find some extremely interesting anti-aging ingredients in this regard. This is the case, for example, of adenosine, an anti-wrinkle active ingredient that is quite useful when it comes to combating some of the main signs of aging. And it also has Fibrelastyl, an active ingredient capable of helping to improve the elasticity and flexibility of the skin, rejuvenating it.
It helps the skin feel and look much more hydrated, toned, smooth… and, therefore, firmer. And, according to the brand, in just 1 hour from the moment of its application you will enjoy smoother skin, even achieving fine lines of expression and typical facial wrinkles (such as could be the case of the legs of rooster) are smoothed out as well. Then, after 7 days of regular use, skin appears firmer, more even and suppler. And after 4 weeks, wrinkles will be more reduced and diminished.
All this thanks to the fact that it is a wonderful firming complex capable of reinforcing the tone of the skin, thereby achieving greater firmness and elasticity. On the other hand, we could not forget the presence of advanced pro-retinol, which helps to smooth the surface of the skin and reinforces even more, if possible, the benefits of the rest of the active ingredients.
To apply it, the brand recommends doing it with a couple of drops on the fingertips, it being advisable to do it twice a day (to maximize its effects), both in the morning and at night, making upward movements on the face, previously cleansed. Remember that it is essential to apply it after the cleanser and toner, and before the moisturizer.
Main advantages of L’Oréal Paris Revitalift:
- Smoothing moisturizing serum.
- With anti-wrinkle effect and extra firmness.
- Contains adenosine and fibrelastyl.
- In 4 weeks it helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines of expression.
- In 1 hour you get smoother skin, and in 7 days the skin is more flexible.
Nature Doré bio facial serum, ideal for combination and oily skin
If you are looking for a facial serum that has been specifically designed for use on combination and oily skin, which means that it will contain all the active ingredients necessary to make your treatment even more effective, if possible, this time we find the organic facial serum from Nature Doré, baptized under the name of Essence Serum, which becomes a wonderful moisturizing and purifying serum.
Korean-inspired, it is a water-based serum, with a fluid and very light consistency, with a clear and silky appearance on contact with the skin, which stands out mainly for being tremendously rich in powerful active ingredients, useful for the care of any type of skin (among which, as is logical, we must fundamentally highlight combination and oily skin). It tends to be absorbed quickly and its application is as simple as it is simple, leaving a pleasant feeling of well-being on the skin, while promoting much more intense hydration, thanks to the fact that it contains green tea water extract, which acts by normalizing excess sebum.
It is ideal for young combination skin between 20 and 45 years of age, who in turn are struggling with more sensitive areas. In fact, it acts as a sebum regulator, whose formula is capable of being absorbed quickly, helping the active ingredients to penetrate deeper, thereby providing a high concentration of active ingredients, useful for nourishing and moisturizing the deepest layers of the skin.
Precisely, when we apply it on combination skin (or even on oily skin) it helps to regulate excess sebum production, while its soothing effect is extremely useful to counteract -treat and relieve- skin irritations.
All this thanks to the perfect mix of natural ingredients, which are combined with each other to provide all their effects, qualities and benefits. This is the case of morinda, green tea water, rosemary water or organic juniper. These active and natural ingredients provide a high amount of antioxidants, as well as amino acids, phytochemicals, enzymes and other essential nutrients of great importance in this regard (such as manganese, potassium, magnesium, B vitamins and caffeine).
It is useful to help eliminate toxins accumulated on the skin, to reduce the risk of irritation and inflammation, and it also decreases inflammation. Therefore, it is extremely interesting when we apply this serum on oily skin.
And what qualities does the moringa complex provide? It is, it is true, an extremely curious active ingredient, because in most cases we do not tend to find it in the formulation of most skin care products. Its leaves contain a high amount of antioxidants, as well as beta-carotene and vitamin C, which provides interesting qualities to fight against the action of free radicals on the skin, while providing purifying benefits. It has the ability, in fact, to filter impurities, acting as a wonderful natural detoxifier, thereby achieving a rejuvenating action on the skin.
Main benefits of Nature Doré Essence Serum:
- 100% natural ingredients of organic origin.
- High water content of green tea, moringa complex, rosemary water and organic juniper, among others.
- Ideal for both men’s and women’s skin.
- Unique for mixed and oily skin.
- Korean-inspired moisturizing and purifying facial serum.
- Fluid and light texture, which greatly facilitates its absorption.
- Leaves a pleasant feeling of well-being on the skin.
- Promotes very intense hydration, while normalizing sebum production.
Lebyutí moisturizing facial serum with lifting effect
From the hands of the Lebyutí brand comes an extremely interesting facial serum for those looking for an anti-aging facial serum, which helps precisely when it comes to counteracting -effectively and simply- some of the main signs of premature aging, reducing the fine lines of expression and wrinkles, smoothing the skin and providing a true lifting effect.
This is the case of Lebyutí ‘s Antiage Serum , ideal for both men’s and women’s skin, which helps soften and recover the most damaged skin tissues thanks to the fact that, in its formulation, we find a wonderful combination of active ingredients of one hundred percent natural origin, among which the presence of vitamin C stands out, with its recognized antioxidant and moisturizing action, hyaluronic acid (useful for filling wrinkles and fine lines), collagen (essential for preventing the formation of some of the signs of aging), green tea and açai, among others.
It is suitable for all skin types, so there is no doubt that those with combination skin will also take advantage of most of its benefits and qualities. In this case, for example, we find green tea extract, useful as we have seen on occasional previous occasions when it comes to normalizing excessive sebum production. Among other aspects, it has been contrasted and tested by dermatological test, which greatly guarantees its use.
It is, therefore, an intensive anti-aging treatment, which provides results practically from the first day. It helps you achieve much more hydrated, elastic, flexible and smooth skin, almost instantly.
Made in Spain, which does not contain sulfates or parabens, and has not been tested or tested on animals.
Main advantages of the Lebyutí moisturizing facial serum:
- Ideal for men’s and women’s skin.
- Suitable for any type of skin.
- Provides an interesting lifting effect.
- Results from day one.
- The skin appears more hydrated, smooth and elastic, almost instantly.
- With hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, collagen, green tea and açai.
- Reduces wrinkles and smoothes the skin.
- Helps tone and illuminate facial skin.
- Does not contain parabens or sulfates.
What ingredients should we look for in our combination skin serum?
As we have seen, each type of skin has its own needs, so when it comes to skin care, it is extremely important to keep in mind which ingredients and active agents can be very useful when it comes to providing everything the care and nutrition it needs, thus managing to treat and reduce some of its main problems, while making the most of all its qualities and benefits.
In the case of mixed skin, as we have already seen, its care can become a real odyssey, since this type of skin is fundamentally characterized by being two types of skin combined in one (defining it clearly, simply and simple). In other words, even at the same time, it is normal to have some areas of facial skin that are oily and have excess sebum, and others that are dry and have rough, flaky patches. Which makes finding the most suitable products can be enormously complicated and difficult.
The best? As we have indicated, the most appropriate thing is always to opt for products for any type of skin; or, otherwise, use only those who’s packaging directly specifies that they have been developed for use on combination / oily skin. On the other hand, it is also very important to take a good look at the ingredients that we find in its formulation, to ensure that the product in question will contain those that are most interesting in this regard.
If you want to discover some of the most beneficial (and recommended), here are the most interesting ones that you could find -or look for- in your facial serum for combination skin. Take note:
- Jojoba oil It is a fast-absorbing, non-comedogenic natural oil that acts as a wonderful natural emollient that mimics the skin’s natural oils. Helps unclog pillar follicles, soothes skin, providing and giving skin a smooth, satin finish.
- Grape seed oil. It consists of a light oil, known for its maximum absorption. It provides antioxidant qualities, and also becomes a wonderful skin protector.
- Vitamin C. It is a vitamin of recognized protective efficacy against the action of free radicals, thanks to its antioxidant quality. It not only fights free radicals to prevent and correct skin damage, it also hydrates the skin.
- Ferulic acid. It acts in a similar way to how vitamin C does, thanks to the fact that it fights the harmful action of free radicals, also preventing -and correcting- skin damage.
- Vitamin E. This is another vitamin with recognized antioxidant action, which is ideal even when combined with vitamin C, since, working together in the same formula, it offers the skin twice the antioxidant qualities to combat skin damage. free radicals and that caused by ultraviolet rays, increasing their effects powerfully.
- Hyaluronic acid. As we have mentioned several times, it becomes an ideal option over any anti-aging serum, thanks to the fact that it helps to fill in wrinkles and fine lines of expression, while deeply hydrating the skin by attracting water, and retaining it in inside the different skin layers.
- Retinol. It is a derivative of vitamin A, which exerts a mild exfoliating action. This means that it speeds up cell renewal, thus making it an excellent option to fight acne (so common in combination and oily skin), as well as acting as an active anti-aging ingredient. Although it is true that retinoids can be somewhat aggressive with the skin, especially at the beginning, it is absolutely normal for discomfort, redness, irritation, dryness and peeling to form. An excellent option is to find facial serums that, in addition to retinol, contain hyaluronic acid in their formulation.
- Green tea extract. Green tea is characterized as an extremely healthy drink when consumed internally, thanks to its high concentration of natural antioxidants (such as polyphenols and catechins). But the truth is that when we apply it to the skin we can also enjoy many of these qualities. In the case of combination skin, for example, it is very interesting because it helps control excessive sebum production.
But just as there are ingredients whose presence in the serum is of the utmost importance, it is also essential to avoid some that may not be so important, since in the short or long term they could end up generating certain problems. Basically, it is essential not to use serums that contain natural oils (because they could be comedogenic, clogging the pores, producing even more sebum, and increasing the risk of breakouts), fragrances and certain natural ingredients, such as could be the case witch hazel or menthol alcohol.