Breakfast oat flakes is a nutritious and delicious option to provide energy to our body thanks to its benefits and its high content of carbohydrates. Discover why it is good to add them to your breakfast.
If we talk about a complete cereal, rich in minerals such as magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron, which also provides an interesting amount of vitamins (such as B1, B2 and vitamin E), and has a high amount of carbohydrates and amino acids, oatmeal is probably the first thing that comes to mind.
And, in fact, oatmeal is a powerful cereal that provides all kinds of benefits for our body. Moreover, if we take it in the morning, we will even be able to enhance its benefits even more. Hence, it is highly recommended to take it just when we get up and prepare breakfast.
A fundamental option when it comes to enjoying all its qualities is to opt for oat flakes, the most comfortable and simple way to take it. With them we can directly eat them by adding a little milk, or make a wonderful and delicious porridge, that nutritious breakfast to which we can also include nuts, fruits or jams.
The wonderful benefits of rolled oats
They are a great source of energy
Who doesn’t like to go to work with well-charged batteries? Who doesn’t like to start their college or work day wanting to take over the world? Well, this is undoubtedly one of the great advantages that eating oat flakes every morning offers us.
This is because this cereal is a great source of vitamins and just one cup of this food provides up to 10% of the recommended amount of energy. It also provides all kinds of beneficial minerals for our body such as magnesium and iron while at the same time it is composed of thiamine, another element that helps to burn all food more efficiently and then convert it into necessary energy for our body.
They are a powerful antioxidant
Oat flakes are one of the best natural antioxidants out there. And on top of that, their effects will be enhanced if we take them at very early hours.
The reason? Well, because this cereal contains a series of active principles that prevent the creation of free radicals, a series of molecules that our body sometimes produces. These cause all kinds of coronary and heart diseases to appear at quite advanced ages.
Likewise, thanks to oats, what is called nitric oxide is produced, another element that widens the arteries much more and therefore promotes better blood circulation.
Oat flakes can also become a great ally for all those who suffer from diabetes. Therefore, it does not hurt to have a bowl of this cereal as it will help regulate blood glucose levels and prevent insulin resistance along with other constipation problems.
For this reason, oat flakes can be consumed without risk of low blood sugar as long as we follow the advice of our doctor. In addition, it can be combined with other foods that regulate sugar levels without problem. Why does eating oatmeal in the morning bring you more benefits than you thought?
Help take care of your line
Oatmeal flakes contain high fiber content that will help you regulate your intestinal calculus. But the benefits of this component do not end here either. Having a good bowl of oatmeal in the morning with a little skim milk and banana will also give you a satiating feeling.
This is something to keep in mind for all those people who like to snack between sweet or fried foods that only serve to gain a couple of extra kilos. For this reason, it is recommended to take oatmeal from eight in the morning in order to arrive at lunch time without wanting to eat everything that is put in front of us.
Strengthen our hearts good morning
We could not close this article without talking about one of the most important advantages that oats offer us. And it is none other than to strengthen our heart and make it a little more immune to cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks or arrhythmias.
Likewise, it considerably reduces blood pressure thanks to its high fiber content and cleanses all our arteries of all kinds of toxins from precooked foods or saturated fats. So it is very important to eat oatmeal in the morning in order to enjoy a cleaner and healthier body.
What can we accompany the oat flakes with?
Oatmeal flakes are extremely versatile, which means that they combine almost perfectly with a wide variety and diversity of ingredients. This translates into something very simple: we can enjoy them with various ingredients both for breakfast and as a snack, and this gives us the possibility of creating nutritious and very complete dishes.
For example, they can be ideal with milk (whether of animal or vegetable origin), and they combine very well with nuts and fresh fruit. Some interesting options are the following:
- Animal or vegetable milk: either cow’s or goat’s milk, or some vegetable variety such as rice or soy milk, the truth is that any drink is great for oat flakes.
- Yogurt: it is another natural food that combines well with oat flakes. Of course, for it to be a nutritious and healthy dish, it is not recommended to opt for sugary and flavored yogurts; it is much better to enjoy a natural yogurt without added sugar, and sweeten it to our liking with a healthier option.
- Fresh fruit: Banana goes very well with oatmeal, because it can actually become a useful option for sweetening flakes. The same happens with strawberries, somewhat more acidic, or even with a few fresh orange segments.
- Nuts: they are a nutritious option to complete our plate. The best? Add a handful of hazelnuts or walnuts.
How to make a nutritious breakfast with oat flakes
There are many ways to enjoy rolled oats. However, this time we propose an ideal nutritious recipe for breakfast, although it can also be eaten as a snack. For its preparation we will use vegetable drink of almonds and fresh fruit.
- 1 cup of vegetable almond drink (almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons oat flakes
- Fresh fruit: banana, apple and strawberries.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon of grated coconut.
- Put the almond milk in the amount indicated in a saucepan and heat until it comes to a boil. Just when it reaches this point add the rolled oats.
- Lower the heat a little and let the rolled oats and almond milk boil for 5 minutes. It is essential that you stir constantly, in this way you will avoid lumps from forming.
- Add the teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix again and remove from heat.
- While it cools we can prepare the different fruits with which we are going to accompany the oat flakes. If you opt for the banana and the apple, for example, peel the banana and cut it into pieces, and wash the apple well and cut it into wedges.
- Then, serve the oatmeal in a bowl or bowl, add the fresh fruit and finish by sprinkling a little shredded coconut on top.
- Ready! Enjoy this nutritious and delicious dish.