Strawberries are a wonderful and refreshing option, ideal for summer days. We discover 3 wonderful recipes to enjoy at home.
It goes without saying that strawberries are one of the most consumed fruits around the world with others such as pear, apple or banana.
They have a very sweet taste and it is usually taken a lot with a few teaspoons of sugar or even with whipped cream (yes, without abusing it, otherwise we want to neglect our line).
However, this strawberry can also be prepared in a really healthy and original way that many of you have probably never tried.
Are you curious to know how? Well through this article you will leave doubts.
Now that we are in the middle of spring and the weather is nice, how about having a rich and creamy gazpacho made with strawberries?
To prepare it, we need 300 grams of ripe strawberries, 20 grams of spring onion, a clove of garlic, olive oil, 30 grams of breadcrumbs, sherry vinegar and salt.
The procedure to prepare this gazpacho will be as follows:
- Wash and finely chop the strawberries without their green leaves and then grind them in a blender.
- Add the peeled garlic, the spring onion and little breadcrumbs soaked in vinegar, the cucumbers, the pepper and a little sugar and salt in equal parts. Mix everything well until you get a puree. We add a little water to our liking.
- Add a little oil so that it binds a little to the puree and achieve a saltier taste. Then we pass everything through the strainer to obtain a smooth and cold soup.
- After this, all that remains is to put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours so that you can always serve this strawberry gazpacho fresh.
If you wish, you can opt for another delicious alternative recipe to make the wonderful strawberry gazpacho, an ideal recipe precisely for the hottest months of summer.
Strawberry, melon and ham skewers
Next we are going to tell you about another original way of eating strawberries. And this time we mean eating it on a delicious skewer with ham.
To make it, you only need 200 grams of sliced Iberian ham, eight or ten strawberries and half a kilo of melon. Also if you wish and they are in season you can add grapes. Its preparation process is also very simple:
- Remove all the seeds that are in the melon. We will also remove the bark with a knife. Next, we will use a ball punch to make pieces of this fruit in an oval shape.
- Wash all the strawberries and cut them only in half
- From there, all the ingredients will be ready to make our delicious brochette. To do this, it will only be necessary to alternate between the ham, strawberries and melon completely to our liking. In this way, a really healthy and natural explosion of flavors will be achieved.
Strawberries in red wine
Do you want to offer a strawberry dessert with which your guests will lick their fingers? Well then you can’t miss this latest recipe that is causing a sensation in recent months.
To prepare it, write down the following ingredients: 1 kilo of strawberries, a bottle of red wine, a cinnamon stick, 250 grams of sugar and an orange peel. The preparation process is as follows:
- Wash the strawberries well with plenty of cold water. We remove the peduncle and cut them in half.
- Cook the red wine over low heat, with the sugar, cinnamon and the orange peel. We cook for twenty minutes.
- After this time, we remove this mixture from the heat and let it rest for a couple of minutes so that it settles well.
- We gradually submerge all the strawberries in the wine and then put them in a glass in the refrigerator. In this way they will be ready to serve and enjoy at any lunch or dinner.